Company: The Suburban Collection
Posted on: March 27, 2020
The Suburban Collection is seeking an experienced Controller
with management experience to join our team!
As a Controller, you will work in all facets of general accounting
- including managing the accounting for certain business units,
managing staff ( up to 20 direct reports for our corporate
location) , reviewing account analysis/reconciliations, general
ledger and sub-ledger activity, action day-to-day needs, assisting
with operational reporting, and month-end and year-end financial
Company Overview: The Suburban organization believes that its
strength, continued success, future growth and profitability depend
on building trusting relationships with our employees, customers
and industry partners.
Individual and organizational pride are critical elements of our
Our people make all the difference. This belief fosters a
commitment to provide opportunities for growth and new challenges
for our employees so they may achieve professional development and
Controller Responsibilities: * Manage accounting function for the
office(s) of assigned business unit to ensure effective, accurate,
and timely reporting of financial information including monthly
financial statements within three business days of month-end.
* Manage direct reports including office managers for Troy
locations, payroll administrators and some general administrative
staff to ensure everyone is on the same page
* Manage and review account detail, schedules, journals, trial
balance, general ledgers, financial statements, daily operating
reports, and monthly recap documents on a regular basis to identify
issues, errors or irregularities.
* Fix or report any issues, errors or irregularities on a timely
* Effectively set priorities and monitor work assignments delegated
to staff members.
* Provide on-the-job training and cross training for staff
* Evaluate the performance of staff members and recommend or defend
requests for staff salary increases or possible termination.
* Administer payroll including financial records and personnel
* Administer benefits and insurance program to all dealership
Controller Expectations: * Must possess management skills in
leadership; delegation and supervision, organizing and planning,
and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution.
* Self-starter with an ability to work with limited
* Strives for continuous process improvement.
* Interacts effectively with co-workers.
* Organized with a keen attention to detail.
Maintain consistently high level of quality control.
* Sets example of understanding and following work rules and
procedures for others
* Knowledge of applicable local, provincial, and federal
regulations and laws as they pertain to the general office
* Must be available to work normal business hours of dealership,
overtime as necessary and be punctual.
* Maintain a very high level of ethics and confidentiality
* Observe rules of confidentiality as they relate to customer
information, both internally and in dealing with outside
individuals and vendors
* Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred, other business degrees
will be considered
* At least 6 years accounting experience
* CPA preferred. * Management experience of a team--
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to
adapt to multiple software programs
* Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
* Professional appearance. * Excellent communication skills
* Prior experience within a dealership environment preferred.
What we offer: * Family-oriented work environment with an open-door
* Growth opportunities - 32 different automotive brands in over 44
* Vacation and Holiday pay. * Full benefits including maternity
leave, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance,
company-paid life insurance - 2x annual income, 401k with company
* Company-wide wellness program (open to all employees and
* Company stability - 70 years, continual growth, largest auto
group in Michigan, 14th largest in US, annual sales in excess of $2
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit
discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.Hireology .Category: Finance, Keywords: Financial
Keywords: The Suburban Collection, Troy , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!