Starbucks Supervisor, Full Time: Somerset Collection
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Shopping is a great way to work up an appetite, and Food@Macy's
offers exciting jobs and great opportunities in an area that's
changing the way people experience our stores.-- The secret to our
success is our mix of skilled, passionate culinary enthusiasts so
whether you want to join the prep team or manage one of our
restaurants, there's a great job waiting for you.
The Starbucks Supervisor is responsible for running an efficient,
professional, safe and profitable Starbucks operation following all
company standards. Perform other duties as assigned. Performs other
duties as assigned.--
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, while you won't have
assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you'll have maximum
flexibility to earn money - and a generous employee discount -
around your personal schedule.-- On key days or peak shopping times
you will be assigned a shift.-- These assigned shifts are based on
preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.--
-- -- Essential Functions:
- Completes Starbucks Advance Store Training (AST)
Exemplifies Barista promise to produce and deliver handcrafted
beverages and food, demonstrating Starbucks service standards.
- Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold
beverage, espresso bar, and pastry stations.
- Understands company health and safety best practices while
following Starbucks clean, safe and ready standards and
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Starbucks Service Steps
and Magic Selling providing an exceptional customer
- Upholds quality standards and actively coaches others to
deliver high-quality handcrafted coffee beverages and food
- Opens and/or closes area following appropriate checklist,
verifies completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the
- Maintains PAR stock levels and follows Starbucks merchandising,
signing and product presentation standards.
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items.
- Coaches to achieve desired barista performance. Identify and
use additional resources to measure how your store is delivering
the customer experience, following Food Division standards and Best
- Role-model the Customer Service behaviors of Anticipate,
Connect, Personalize and Own with customers.
- Accountable for sales, expenses, and bottom-line profits.--
Monitor food quality using Starbucks checklists.
- Support a strong working relationship with store management and
Starbucks District Manager.
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, and staff
motivation to all associates to maximize team performance and
Responsible for daily operations.
- Complete scheduling and weekly payroll to meet Starbucks
standards, maximize associate productivity, labor cost control and
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly food cost and
payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met.
- Responsible for ordering and receiving food, beverage, dry and
paper goods based budget and needs of the business.
- Completes timely payment of invoices according to vendor
contracts and Food Division Best Practices.
- Responsible for food inventories following Inventory Best
Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis
to ensure targeted food and beverage costs are maintained.
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional
appearance and communications.
- Regular, dependable attendance--and punctuality.
- Three years of previous restaurant/hospitality and previous
shift supervisory experience is required.
- No specific educational accomplishment is necessary.
- Health department license or certification and/or alcohol
certification as required by state or local requirement.
- A Food Handler's certificate may be required for food service
employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee
bars or any other food service establishment prior to starting
employment in a food operation at Macy's. Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not
required.-- Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Must be able to follow instructions. Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
focus adjustment.Other Skills
- Strong leadership profile and must possess excellent customer
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced
- Has planning and organizational skills. Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends and/or holidays based on
department/store/company needs. Working Conditions:
- This position is required to use potentially hazardous
equipment, such as coffee and espresso makers.
- Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate
temperature and noise level. This job overview is not all
inclusive.-- In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend
this job overview at any time.-- Macy's is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.--
Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider
for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a
manner consistent with----and--.
Keywords: Macy's, Troy , Starbucks Supervisor, Full Time: Somerset Collection, Accounting, Auditing , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!