Senior Staff Accountant
Company: Gordon Advisors, P.C.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Audit/Tax Senior Accountant
Are you looking to become part of a public accounting firm that
provides the advantages of a smaller, more personable work
environment, while offering the complexity of work of a larger
firm? Would you like to be engaged in all parts of our organization
learning about accounting, audit, and tax while working with
clients in a variety of different industries from manufacturing &
construction, distribution, real estate, nonprofits, healthcare,
and professional service firms?
Gordon Advisors offers all that and more!We are looking to add
Senior Staff Accountants to our team who are passionate about
public accounting and driven to progress in their career.
What You Will Do:
- Be a valued member of our tax & audit engagement teams working
directly with partners, managers, and other team members.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations,
processes, and business objectives in order to utilize that
knowledge on audit & tax engagements.
- Prepare or review business, individual, and personal property
tax returns (including for partnerships, C-corporations, and
- Perform workpaper preparation or review through financial
statements for a variety of client entities and engagements.
- Conduct business specific research - gather and analyze data,
interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations
- Review the work of less experienced team members and provide
guidance/mentorship to assist them in developing technical
- Learn and grow from on the job coaching and mentoring.
- Developing relationships with clients, including involvement in
networking and business development activities.
What We Are Looking For In Candidates:
- 2-5 years of relevant audit and/or tax experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other recognized business
- Student enrolled in a Masters of Accounting or Tax program is a
plus (or completion of 150 credit hours in order to sit for the CPA
- Pursuing eventual CPA licensure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Microsoft Suite skills
Interested? Contact Us!Apply by submitting your resume to
email@example.com for consideration. Candidates must be legally
authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Gordon Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran
status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state, or
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing AgenciesGordon Advisors will not
accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from
a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes submitted from search firms,
employment agencies, or similar will be viewed as being referred
free of any charges or fees and will become the property of the
firm. Gordon Advisors will not pay a fee for any placement
resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Keywords: Gordon Advisors, P.C., Troy , Senior Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!