Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Position Overview Assist Tax Managers and other department
personnel with International components of U.S. Federal compliance,
accounting for income taxes, and special projects. Essential Duties
- Timely and accurately prepare all International forms (5471,
5472, 8858, 8865, 1042, 1120F, etc.).
- Conduct tax research and assist in planning pertaining to US
Tax on non-US operations, working with outside advisors as
- Identify and implement improvements to existing tax processes
to increase efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Prepare and maintain audit-ready tax work papers and detail
files for all open tax years.
- Assist with tax audits and queries relating to International
components of return, including maintenance of audit control logs
and compiling and preparing responses.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual ASC 740
income tax provisions including Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, and
- Responsible for working within time constraints, meeting
deadlines, and providing timely updates to tax team on project
- Ask appropriate questions and communicate with team members as
required to complete tasks, and be available to attend meetings
when scheduled as required by management.
- Interface and collaborate with others in the organization, with
occasional travel as necessary, including cross-border.
- Other duties and projects as assigned. Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-3 years related experience required
- Previous International Tax experience is desirable but not
required Education / Experience
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred Special Knowledge / Skills:
- Academic knowledge of general US tax principals and ASC 740,
- Proficiency with OneSource tax software, Checkpoint, and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple
projects in time-constrained environment Physical Demands / Work
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move
around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work
at a computer, may require local travel.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Troy , Tax Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!