Company: Champion Homes
Posted on: September 22, 2022
FLSA Status: ExemptSummary: Manages product costing and margin
analysis for several brands of manufactured houses including
options. Determines costing impact of product modifications and
customizations. Provides costing estimates and maintains master
model and option price files for quotation purposes of new
business. Manages home configuration and standard costing
systems.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains cost in Navision ERP system, creating bills of
material for models and options, updating bills by exchanging new
items being purchased for old items made obsolete, to provide
accurate margin information for use by the General Manager and
Controller for pricing decisions.
- Local Navision system maintenance (running system update
programs, working with corporate office to implement updates or
problem resolution, training others).
- Production floor audits of bills of material for models and
options to verify and update Navision bills for as-built items and
- Maintenance of standard construction specifications for each
- Approving all job orders prior to production.
- Interacts with other departments including Sales, Engineering,
Materials, and Production.
- Track commodity costs to monitor the need to initiate or
increase material surcharges.
- Ensures maintenance remains up to date to provide current
margin information for models and options used to determine price
- Maintains all models, options, and Navision price files with
approved prices for quoting.
- Assists with the quarterly physical inventory count and
- Maintains standard costing system and manages purchase price
- Assists controller with accounting as it relates to inventories
(raw, WIP, finished goods, and cost-of-goods sold, valuations and
- Must have leadership and organizational skills with the drive
to excel and perform at the next level.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgement or adopt or
modify methods and standards to meet assigned
- Must be able to research and problem solve, devise solutions
and recommendations, and report on findings.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as square and
lineal footages, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and
volume, as it pertains to costing.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 2 years
related experience preferred.
- Accounting and Costing experience in a manufacturing industry
- Experience with Navision or other ERP systems is a plus.
- Manufactured housing or construction industry knowledge
helpful.Skyline Champion Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Champion Homes, Troy , Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!