SQE - Shenzhen
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Zobility, an RGBSI brand, is proud to be the primary partner to
top companies in the mobility, high-technology, automotive,
aerospace & defense, media & entertainment, energy, and finance
industries. As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are
looking for energetic, personable professionals to partner with
these leading companies.
- Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will be a primary interface
between the suppliers and internal teams located globally.
- In this position you will lead all aspects of the hardware
quality for various NPI as well sustaining projects.
- With primary focus on the injection mold and sheet metal
processes, the SQE will play an important role in supplier
development, supplier performance management and continuous
- SQE will act as a subject matter expert for mechanical
components manufacturing processes and guide the internal/external
teams to assess risks and to ensure appropriate design and process
controls are planned and implemented to mitigate such risks.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Tooling and process qualification in early NPI stages.
- Utilize statistical approaches such as AQL levels and implement
robust IQC/OQC/IPQC processes
- Lead the qualification of gages and inspection tools used in
process using Measurement System Analysis techniques (Gage R&R,
Correlation studies, bias/linearity analysis, etc.).
- Lead problem solving efforts for any quality issues and drive
closure of quality issues including corrective actions.
- Coordinate and verify quality standards to ensure they meet our
- Investigate and drive closure of quality issues including
- Drive continuous quality improvements at the suppliers (yield
improvement, scrap reduction, etc.)
- Conduct frequency-based audits to track supplier's progress
towards building "best-in-class" manufacturing
- New part qualification via PPAP/FAI reviews and
- New supplier evaluation and qualification from quality system &
process control management perspective.
- Early engagement and able to react at timely manner/on-site
support to mitigate potential risk impacts throughout entire
- Establish and document best practices/lessons learned and
effectively utilize for new projects.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- 10+ years of experience managing suppliers specifically dealing
with companies in China
- 5+ years of experience in managing quality in mechanical
products (plastic injection molding, die casting, extrusion, sheet
metal fabrication, etc.)
- Experience in continuous process improvements, supplier audits,
supplier performance management, escalation management, design of
experiments (DOE) and risk assessments.
- Solid understanding of quality tools such as statistical
process control, process improvements, yield improvements, cycle
time reductions, pareto charts, root cause analysis, failure modes,
test procedures, gauge repeatability & reproducibility, FAI (first
article inspection), CpK (statistical process capability),
- Willingness to travel (expected at least 60% travel time,
mostly domestic in China but can include other geographies based on
the supply chain)
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English and Mandarin
(both oral and written)
- Experience and track record in influencing suppliers at both
the engineer level as well as the executive level.
- Certified black belt/master in Six Sigma or other equivalent
(e.g. Shainin, KT).
- Subject Matter Expert in Injection Mold or mechanical component
- Trained/experience in AIAG core tools (PPAP, Cpk, Gage R&R,
- Internal Auditor (certified for ISO or equivalent)
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers and
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits
including, medical, dental, 401k, short-term disability, AD&D,
tuition reimbursement, and more. If you take pride in your work and
are committed to personal and professional success, let's talk.
Please visit to learn more.
Zobility is RGBSI's workforce management and staffing division.
RGBSI is a multi-national corporation headquartered in Troy, MI
with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, and India.
Keywords: Zobility, Troy , SQE - Shenzhen, Accounting, Auditing , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...