Company: City of Troy
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Preschool Instructor (Part-time) Recreation Department $ 14.50 -
$16.00/hour Negotiable within range-based on qualifications This
position works as the Lead Preschool Instructor at the Rainbow
Preschool located inside the Troy Community Center. Preschool
Instructors develop the social and communication skills of children
and provide a safe and secure environment in which the child can
learn. They build and maintain relationships with parents/guardians
to further support the students. Preschool Instructors record
observations and summarize the children's achievements. They focus
on optimum child development and preparation for a successful
transition to primary school education. DUTIES
- Plan and implement curriculum for preschool students (3 5 years
- Coordinate supplies needed for programs.
- Attend to children's basic needs.
- Assure a healthy, safe, clean, and developmentally appropriate
environment for children.
- Read to children, teach basic educational concepts, establish
and enforce rules for behavior. Create and update learning
portfolios for each child.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, and
- Regularly communicate with students, parents, the Preschool
Coordinator and other staff.
- Attend required staff meetings and professional development
- Perform other duties as needed. REQUIREMENTS
- Must meet one of the following qualifications of a lead
caregiver as stated by State of Michigan Licensing Rules:
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Early Child Education, Child
Development or a child-related field
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child
- Montessori Credential with 480 hours experience.
- Child Development Associate Credential with 480 hours
- High School Diploma/GED with 12 semester hours in child-related
field and 960 hours experience.
- High School Diploma/GED with a combination of 12 semester hours
in child-related field and/or 18 CEUs, or 1920 hours experience.
- Applicants must submit proof of degree and/or official
transcript showing degree, credential or hours verifying
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational
- Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting
skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to create lesson
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to manage confidential information.
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must
pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen (including
marijuana) and be found eligible through a federal law that
requires a comprehensive background check that is completed through
- CPR and First Aid Certified at time of application HOURS
Approximately 24 hours per week September - May. Work times vary
between 8:30 AM 3:30 PM Monday Friday. Limited summer hours July -
August. APPLY Applications are available online at
www.troymi.gov/jobopenings. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The City
of Troy is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to
all applicants. The City of Troy will consider all qualified
applicants for employment regardless of race, religion, color, sex,
height, weight, marital status, national origin, age, disability,
or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state
law. Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: City of Troy, Troy , Preschool Instructor, Education / Teaching , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...