Corporate Engineering Engineering Development Manager
Company: HFI LLC
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Corporate Engineering Engineering Development ManagerTroy, MI,
USA Req #207 Tuesday, January 5, 2021The Position:Location:The
position is based in Troy, Mi. the SE Michigan technical sales and
engineering facilityReporting Relationships:The Prototype
Development Manager will report to the Director of Product
Engineering. The Prototype Development Manager may manage direct
reports such as technicians.Position Charter:The primary
responsibility of the Prototype Development Manager will be to lead
all trial requests received from sales and advanced engineering
team members. The Manager will be responsible to coordinate
required materials, develop the patterns, product and preliminary
processes supply feasibility assessments and establish timing for
the delivery of the sample products. This position will work
closely with Adv engineering, sales, HFI tooling and manufacturing
teams along with our external customer engineering teams.MAJOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Setup new benchmarking area within the Prototype shop area
- Be responsible to coordinate the install of capital equipment,
layout shop floor and material flow purchase required tools and
equipment as required to budget.
- Responsible for complete development and timing of trial
/sample part requests. Establish timing, coordinate receipt of
materials required, Develop and create cut and sew patterns, wrap
using established process and equipment, evaluate trials for
DFM/DFA, clear communication of any manufacturing concerns for mass
production and responsible for quality and delivery of the
- Manage the Prototype projects tracking assignments and ensure
action items and commitment dates are visible and achieved.
- Setup and maintain all shop equipment ( ovens, bladder
equipment, adhesive spray booths, knife cutter and other misc.
- Engineering support for RFQ's and other sales and adv.
- Manage the Prototype parts team resource allocation to ensure a
balanced workload as required
- Support Plant-Based Process/Project Engineers for the
resolution of highly-visible pre/post hand-off product quality
- Develop "Best Practices" for the prototypes and/or trial runs
developed in your area with your people.
- Manage the DC3D utilization and implementation as a standard
prototyping process where applicable.
- Lead, coordinate and track all trial and prototype builds.
- Control and maintain all engineering sample materials (cover
stocks, leather, adhesives, substrates packaging etc..).
- Works closely with customers to help resolve their product
- Establish IATF processes and procedures for shop
- Travel to manufacturing facilities and customer locations as
required.The Candidate:Education:Candidates must have a minimum of
an associate's degree in Engineering or equivalent working
experience in a high-paced automotive engineering
environment.Professional Qualifications:The ideal candidate has
experience of at least (5) five years in an
engineering/manufacturing management capacity, preferably in the
automotive industry. The individual must have excellent
communication skills (both verbal and written) and strong computer
skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Databases). Auto-view and other
CAD experience (AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, DC3D, etc.) would be a
plus.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
in a fast paced environment and consistently meet deadlines;
- Possesses strong analytical skills and the ability to expand
capabilities in accordance with business changes
- Demonstrated "Team Player" who motivates and educates other
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated problem solving and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach
people in varying disciplines to achieve improved overall
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills at multiple
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand all types of initial
information (2D/3D data, e-drawings, spec sheets, sketches,
Keywords: HFI LLC, Troy , Corporate Engineering Engineering Development Manager, Engineering , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!