Front Camera Design Engineer
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.This position is part
of our Advanced Safety & User Experience segment.
Summary:We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical
Engineer with Camera design expertise to join our Active Safety
department. Positions are at Aptiv Engineering sites in Troy, MI
and in Juarez, MX. -
- Product packaging, design, and release
- Support vehicle integration and concept development with OEM
teams to integrate active safety cameras.
- Develop designs for stamped sheet metal, injection molded
plastics, and aluminum diecast components.
- Complete the design details for custom lens-holders, lens
barrel integration, circuit board attachment, and EMI
sealing/closure. Develop camera mounting concepts to attach to
windshield glass or other structure as needed.
- Work closely with suppliers to confirm manufacturing
feasibility (DFM), develop hard tooling, and optimize designs for
- Preparation and execution of product DFMEA.
- Preparation and release of the Bill of Materials.
- Prepare and/or supervise detail drawing and assembly drawing
creation and formal release into the Aptiv Configuration Management
- Submit design details to buyers to complete supplier
- Responsible for assurance of part conformance to released
- Support prototype and production builds at our factory, and
vehicle integration builds at the OEM plants.
- Utilize the various Aptiv Problem Solving Tools and processes
for problem root cause determination and resolution.
- Support vehicle integration and concept development with OEM
teams to integrate active safety cameras
- Project Reviews
- Ensure that Project Schedules allow for successful engineering
- Document project progress and conformance using ASPICE methods
- Ensure that all ME process deliverables are met per the Project
Schedule and are error free. Communicate PDP program critical items
to EGMs, Program Manager, and Engineering Director.
- Ensure product designs are compliant with Aptiv internal design
standards (DDS's) & the ME Bill of Design (BoD).
- Ensure design requirements are complete and achievable.
- Ensure completion of all tasks on PDP Design Review Checklists
prior to reviews.
- Ensure completeness of Mechanical Analysis, EMC Compliance and
Design Verification activities.
- Ensure hardware design integrity and six sigma dimensional
capability for all designs.
- Escalate design issues as needed.
- Process Improvement
- Contribute to improvements in our standard processes and
- Support the development of new design standards.
- Provide expert feedback in other's peer reviews, within and
outside your product line.
- Document and share lessons learned (Aptiv database).
- Administrative Items
- Comply with Aptiv procedures and policies.
- Support Product Lines and Hardware Engineering initiatives,
meetings, and reviews.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master's degree a
- 5+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer with an OEM or
- 5+ years of experience in automotive product design and
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Demonstrates high level proficiency in Vision & RF/Radar
- Knowledge of cameras including design with BGA imagers, MTF
performance understanding, design for focal plane alignment over
temperature, lens barrel sealing, glare shield design, windshield
- Experience working directly with OEM(s) and suppliers to
develop products and implement during prototype and production
stages of a project.
- Demonstrates high level proficiency of Mechanical Fundamentals
(Thermal / Static & Dynamic Forces / Vibration / Material
- Knowledgeable of Rapid Prototyping & Production tooling
- Knowledgeable of GD&T per ASME Y14.5-2009 (certification a
- Proficient performing complex design tolerance stackups,
familiar with variation analysis tools (ex: 3DCS).
- Proficient with CAD (Component 3D Modeling, ASM Management and
2D drawing creation).
- Strong Modeling capabilities using Siemens NX11 (or CATIA v5) /
- High level proficiency with FEA 1st Order Analysis and
Simulation Tools (ANSYS 2020r2 Design Space).
- Understand and can evaluate FEA 2nd Order Analysis & Simulation
results for accuracy and completeness.
- Experience with Change Management Systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs.
- Six Sigma Certification a plus.
Traits We Seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems
analytically, creatively and collaboratively.
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning
opportunity and invitation to grow.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Advanced Safety & User ExperienceAdvanced Safety & User
Experience encompasses our deep expertise in centralized computing
platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving, while
acknowledging the growth in areas that enrich the in-vehicle
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity,
both of which are essential to Aptiv's success. Everyday our
diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions,
and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and
talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team,
you'll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and
innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.At Aptiv, we
don't just see the world differently; we work to change reality.
That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what's
possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and
more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally,
located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the
movement and together, let's change tomorrow.
---Privacy Notice - Active Candidates:
https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidatesAptiv is an
equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aptiv, Troy , Front Camera Design Engineer, Engineering , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!