Sr. Product Engineer (R&D)
Company: Magna International
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job Number: 45476 -Group: Cosma International - -Division: Vehma
International of America -Job Type: Permanent/Regular -Location:
TROY -Group DescriptionCosma provides a comprehensive range of
body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers.
Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling
capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring
lightweight and innovative products to market.
Role Summary Responsible for the design, development and release of
automotive components and/ or systems. Plans and designs structural
products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities
involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and
repair of structural products and systems. Key Responsibilities
- Drive -continuous improvement and support optimization of
processes and sub-processes.
- Participate in VA/VE activity
- Ensure projects are being led according to milestones,
including, but not limited to, communication and representation,
project timing, efficient use of available resources, and
escalation of technical project status as necessary
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications,
and manuals along with division manufacturing process and product
quality requirements to determine feasibility of design or
- Discuss and negotiate technical performance items with
divisions and external customers
- Conduct product benchmarking and research studies and analyze
data to develop new designs or concepts for automotive components
- Direct testing activities for components and equipment under
designated conditions to ensure operational performance meets
project specifications with proven reliability
- Coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure
products and systems conform to engineering design and customer
- Provide design direction to the CAD Designers and assist them
in altering or modifying the design to obtain specified functional
and operational performance.
- Communicate design concepts with the CAE Engineers and evaluate
structural analysis results.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and
release of drawings.
- Maintain all customer documents within the PLM systems.
- Perform failure mode effect analysis (DFMEA), design for
assembly (DFA) and manufacturing (DFM), and geometric dimensioning
and tolerancing (GD&T) on components and systems.
- Understand and actively perform the engineering change
management process, including technical and commercial alignment
with internal and external customers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Act with honesty and integrity, and make ethical business
choices in accordance with Magna's Compliance Policies and
Procedures. Key Qualifications/Requirements Education - Required:
-Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of
study Education - Preferred: -Master's Degree in Mechanical
Engineering or related field of study Years of Experience: -Minimum
three to five (3-5) years of related experience required; five to
seven (5-7) years of related experience preferred Other
Skills/Experience - Required:
- Product development and innovation skills including PLM,
GD&T, VA/VE, and FMEA
- Experience in Battery Trays & EV BIW design development
- Knowledge in battery cell chemistry, thermal management, and
- Knowledge of sheet metal (steel and aluminum) components
- Capable of handling projects from inception to completion with
respect to timing, concept, feasibility, design, construction,
try-out, launch, and logistics Other Skills/Experience - Preferred:
- Knowledge of laboratory mechanical testing (tensile, hardness,
- Familiar with automotive quality requirements (APQP, PPAP,
PFMEA, Control Plans, SPC)
- Process and manufacturing knowledge covering forming, joining,
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS) requirements
- This position is signing bonus eligible Awareness. Unity.
Empowerment. At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is
critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and
qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements,
regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender,
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your
personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending
applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your
local Data Privacy Law.
Keywords: Magna International, Troy , Sr. Product Engineer (R&D), Engineering , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!