Security Operations & Architecture Engineer
Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: August 3, 2022
This position is responsible for performing day-to-day
monitoring of security solutions in place to identify critical
alerts that require triage, investigation and possible escalation
to Security Operations & Architecture Senior Engineer and/or
Security Operations & Architecture Lead Engineer. This position is
further responsible for timely resolution of incident tickets
related to business inquiries (access to web sites, etc.) to ensure
adequate support is provided to business units. Identify, evaluate,
and help to implement technical cyber security controls to
continuously improve the organization's security posture,
maintaining compliance with strict financial industry regulations
(e.g., SOX, GLBA, OCC). Plan and assist with proper deployment and
management of solutions, both on premise and the cloud, that
support IT security. Maintain expertise in identifying cyber
security risks in the hardware, software, and systems used by the
- Actively monitoring multiple systems that surface potential
cyber threats to the organization. - Correlate data and investigate
potential threats by looking at data (internally and externally)
and utilize vulnerability information to evaluate potential impact
to the organization and escalate to leadership team.
- Evaluate and identify emerging threats and determine bank's
emerging cyber security threats to determine overall
- Serve as a liaison to support remediation efforts and implement
cyber security measures on multiple security platforms to safeguard
information systems assets against accidental or unauthorized
- Reconfiguring and/or making programming changes for web proxy
to identify web point agents to allow access or black list for end
users. - Monitor incident ticket queue to provide prompt and
effective response to business inquiry/operational disruptions or
requests for risk acceptance.
- Implement and configure security measures to ensure security
program is meeting recommendations in industry standards
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local
laws and regulations. - Completes all required compliance training.
- Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal
compliance policies and procedures. - Takes responsibility to keep
up to date with changing regulations and policies. Job
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Information Assurance or
other related technology degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise information technology
role with security technology preferred.
- Understanding of security administration across multiple
operating systems including Windows and Unix/Linux as well as
- Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows administration best
- Strong understanding of cyber security principles and
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple
- Ability to write concise and effective reports to communicate
issues and recommend courses of action.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively and gain consensus with
- CISSP or CISA is preferred. For internal use only: Job Band
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Troy , Security Operations & Architecture Engineer, Engineering , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!