R&D Engineer II
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower
the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational
products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest
portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our
customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer
products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software
developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our
corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us
each unique, we become collectively better. -SUMMARYThe meshing
development unit (MDU) is seeking an experienced R&D engineer
II to develop next-generation meshing architecture &
infrastructure. A successful candidate will be part of a team that
is responsible for the research, design, and implementation of
meshing and other pre-processing technologies. This role requires
an analytical and curious mind with a strong interest in software
architecture, mesh generation, computational geometry, and
numerical methods. The focus will be on architecting
next-generation meshing data structure and algorithm development.
Knowledge of data structure, and computational geometry algorithms
is advantageous. The background and experience in combination with
the interest of the successful applicant will be considered for the
work assignment. This developer can expect to be engaged in all
stages of code and capability planning, research, creation, and
evolution, and to work closely with other members of the meshing
software development team. -RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, create, review, maintain and extend meshing data
structure and architecture.
- Develop, maintain, and extend next-generation meshing
- Work efficiently in a complex mixed language code base, written
in Python, C/C++, on Windows and Linux.
- Employ best practices and helps to maintain them through
technical reviews and mentoring. -
- Improve speed and memory performance of the software for
generating large-scale meshes on complex real-world
- Work independently with minimal supervision and may take on
some mentoring responsibilities. -
- Participate in and collaborate with other development,
documentation, and testing professionals in all phases of the
software development life cycle.
- Coordinate with and assist other product creation teams and
customer support representatives involved in meshing large, complex
geometries. -MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in -Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Applied
Mathematics with 2 years experience or MS
- Commercial software development experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Mesh generation, computational geometry, and/or computer
graphics algorithm development experience.
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming skills with good knowledge
of STL containers and data structures. - -PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, -Mechanical Engineering, or Applied
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code -
- Keen interest in programming and algorithm development.
- Experience in GPU- threaded- or distributed parallel
programming is an asset.
- Experience in workflow automation, e.g. from meshing, geometry
processing, or computer games.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Self-motivating, taking the initiative to resolve issues and
working with a sense of urgency.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - -ALIGNING YOUR
VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and
insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems.
Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork -
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most
visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to
change the world with innovative technology and transformational
solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known,
world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those
willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on.
At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the
collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission
accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect
with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact
real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working
environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the
world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the
wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of
world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn
their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster
and at lower cost. -As a measure of our success in attaining these
goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most
innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg
Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We
are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay
Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast
Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for
Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an
R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020
Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
-We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging
where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
-Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any
unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire,
no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. -
Keywords: Ansys, Troy , R&D Engineer II, Engineering , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!