AWS Cloud Principal Engineer - DevOps
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Tyler Technologies' Public Safety Division is currently looking to
hire for a AWS Cloud Principal Engineer. As our Cloud Engineer, you
will serve as a pivotal hands-on technology expert responsible for
the secure deployment and maintenance of Tyler Public Safety 911
systems in the AWS cloud.
This role will collaborate closely with cross-functional product
and engineering leadership to transform deployment models into
next-generation CI/CD solutions. Expertise in building custom
DevOps solutions for modern applications in AWS and GitHub CI/CD is
The Principal Engineer will be comfortable creating and maintaining
Terraform modules, deploying and supporting applications on EC2
instances, Kubernetes clusters, and Serverless Frameworks. This
position requires both strategic thinking and hands-on
What you'll do
- Lead infrastructure automation to meet the growing demands of
Public Safety product deployments in AWS.
- Drive domain-specific projects, make design decisions, and
develop/maintain automation tools to enhance operational
- Provision infrastructure using Terraform and develop reusable
- Implement secure network patterns and practices that comply
with CJIS regulations.
- Setup application monitoring tools to ensure the health of the
Public Safety application suite.
- Foster collaboration across teams to identify DevOps needs and
deliver solutions that align with medium and long-term technology
- Empower teams to integrate and deploy code through secure,
reliable, and efficient CI/CD pipelines.
- Integrate tooling with build infrastructure to achieve process
consistency across the product suite What makes you a great fit
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science engineering
or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps, Cloud, or SRE role, with a
focus on AWS cloud.
- 15+ years of experience in software development and
- Proficiency in one of the development platforms: Java, .NET, or
- Proven technical leadership as a senior member of a development
- Expert understanding of modern DevOps best practices and their
- Proficiency in automating infrastructure provisioning using
- Expertise with application monitoring tools and their use in
verifying production environment health.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services and solutions, including EC2,
S3, Serverless, VPC, RDS, and IAM.
- Expertise in building deployment pipelines using GitHub and
- Experience in design sprints and rapid prototyping.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems across systems and design
- Capacity to identify and prioritize tasks in alignment with
- Previous success in Scrum environments and familiarity with
Agile and Lean methodologies.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate or Professional
certification is a plus.
Keywords: tylertech, Troy , AWS Cloud Principal Engineer - DevOps, Engineering , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!