Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Meat Manager FULL-TIME $17/hr Responsible for receiving product
and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked,
labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper
customer service is provided. Essential functions:
- Ensuring proper customer service and works to develop
relationships with large customers.
- Supervising all activities in the meat department including
product placement, rotation, signage, and displays. Is responsible
for overall department appearance, cleanliness, and adherence to
both government and corporate ordinances.
- Must maintain records as required. In the role of meat manager,
he/she will oversee the Assistant Meat Manager (if applicable),
Meat Supervisors (if applicable) and Stockers to assure that the
meat department is operating in a manner that adheres to company
- Developing schedules, monitors performance and recommends the
proper discipline as appropriate.
- Training employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
- Interviewing candidates and recommends for hires.
- Disciplines employees when necessary and recommends
- Ensuring that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviewing inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensuring that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises the receiving of all Meat products and ensures that
the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintaining accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintaining refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervising the ordering of Meat products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Making sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinating that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
- Insuring that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in
overhead racks in close proximity to where it is
sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
- Assuring that trash is removed from floor and properly
- Making sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully
checking the system and rack for product.
- Maintaining that all signage is correct and that the flyers
prices are reflected on the product.
- Coordinating proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies,
proper holding power, space allocation) and
creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for
- Performing additional duties, responsibilities and projects as
- Performing weekly self audits of the Meat department. REM-01
WS-01 WS-LC Schedule Shift start: 6:00AM Shift length: 8 hours 5
days/week, must be available any day Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Troy , Meat Manager, Executive , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!