Department Manager (Technical)
Company: SSOE Group
Posted on: September 19, 2022
You don't have to be an employee long before you understand the
SSOE difference. It goes back to our history of reinventing
ourselves for new markets, serious rates of growth year after year,
and being ahead of the curve in technology. Those are the
achievements of a company that rewards talent and effort in ways
that mean the most to the individual.When you work at SSOE, you
work with the best and you're a part of something bigger than
yourself. And providing the best possible workplace for our
employees gives us a competitive advantage - helping us attract and
retain top talent and drive better business results.The following
duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing.
Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service
on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Coaches, directs, coordinates, facilitates and supervises
Section Manager(s) and/or department staff. This includes all
evaluation and employee relations responsibilities: manpower
planning/staffing, hiring, development and promotion.
- Ensures the technical competency and quality of work performed
by staff. Licensed individuals may be required to seal discipline
- Develops, organizes and implements discipline and departmental
standards, recordkeeping, and improvements. Responsible for
establishing, monitoring and adhering to PY budget or otherwise
taking action to make changes and adjustments as necessary to meet
financials objectives. Implements strategic activities within
department to achieve objectives of operations unit and corporate
- Supports PIC customer maintenance and business development
activities and assists project managers in preparing proposals, and
- Verifies that the Discipline Captain has defined discipline
work plans for each project and monitors progress to ensure the QBS
key measures are met.
- Reviews and approves Discipline Captain's project change orders
prior to submitting to Project Manager.
- Prepares and monitors project work schedules and projected
workload schedules for department.
- Provides staffing, current tool, and technical reference
materials such that the Discipline Captain can meet project
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of department personnel to
identify and prioritize training needs. Develops and implements
department training program with the assistance of the Training and
- Responsible for departmental profit and loss.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Structrual Engineering with
minimum of ten (10) to twelve (12) years direct experience.
- Registration preferred.ID: 2022-1951 External Company Name:
SSOE, Inc. External Company URL: https://www.ssoe.com Street: 1050
Keywords: SSOE Group, Troy , Department Manager (Technical), Executive , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!