Director, Project Management
Company: Continental Services
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job Location: IC - Troy Corporate & Culinary - Troy, MI
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Professional Services
DescriptionProject Manager Job Description
WHO WE ARE:
From humble beginnings as a coffee and vending provider in 1989,
Continental has grown into Michigan's largest food management
company. Today, our 900 employees provide a wide range of custom
dining, refreshment services and catering solutions through an
impressive lineup of brands, including: Continental Caf-- &
Catering, Co.Cuisine, Continental Canteen, Market Twenty 4 Seven,
Infinity & Ovation Yacht Charters, Waterview Loft at Port Detroit,
and Forte Belanger. Dedicated to the simple, yet powerful mission:
Delight Our Guest. Every Meal. Every Day.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager with 3+ years of
dedicated project planning and management experience to work on a
variety of projects including, but not limited to construction,
process improvement, new technology, mergers and acquisitions, and
organizational design. Candidates must have strong organization,
communication, and technical skills and be capable of leading
multiple projects concurrently. They must be exceptional at
bringing people together, facilitating decision-making, fostering a
culture of accountability, and designing new, scalable, ways of
achieving success. Project Manager will be responsible for managing
scope, timeline, and budget for projects ranging from small
departmental projects to large cross-functional company
initiatives. We are committed to a collaborative, team-driven
approach to problem solving, and provide the highest level of
design excellence and service for our guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project planning and management for a variety of
large-scale projects and company-wide events.
- Lead the planning, design, execution, and monitoring of
projects related to startup of operations for both refreshment and
corporate dining services.
- Identify ways to streamline process, improve organizational
communication, and set expectations internally and potentially with
- Teach and support the organization with the tools and best
practices used in project management.
- Work with our operations team, culinary team, kitchen
designers, architects, and clients to review and revise kitchen /
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants,
contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies, and other vendors to
meet overall program and project objectives.
- You will work with members of the team to develop solutions
appropriate to the context, budget, and aesthetic requirements of
- Develop detailed, digital project plans, and schedules for
every project and coordinate statuses with the project team
throughout the life of the project.
- Track project costs in order to meet budget.
- Delegate tasks on the project to employees who are best
positioned to complete them.
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are
assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in
- Communicate with executive stakeholders to keep the project
aligned with their goals.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 7+ years of Project Management / PMO experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem
solving, and analytical skills
- Exhibits leadership and a can do attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and
- Experience with Smartsheet is a plus
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Personal values align with the company's values and
- Values learning business process, workflows as well as
responsibilities of roles within the organization
- Exhibits flexibility in completing assignments in a growing /
- Strong work ethic; does what they say they will do and is
driven by passion for their work
- Exceptional communication skills; is clear, open, and
- Experience in a highly agile and fast paced
- Excellent collaboration ability; brings people together and is
Contacts include: Team Members, Clients, Support Teams, etc.
Methods include: Phone, email, face-to-face, etc.
Possible travel required throughout the State of Michigan as well
as bordering states.
The physical demands of this position are primarily sedentary in
nature. The job is performed primarily while sitting at a desk or
in meetings with others. There may be prolonged use of a keyboard
and computer. There may be occasions when there is a need to lift
items weighing 10 pounds although rarely. Some additional lifting
and physical exertion may be required due to the routine
requirements of travel.
Keywords: Continental Services, Troy , Director, Project Management, Executive , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!