Customer Services Specialist - Part Time - Health Alliance Plan -Troy
Company: Henry Ford Health System
Posted on: March 17, 2020
GENERAL SUMMARY:This position has the following primary
objectives with respect to customer relations for all HAP product
lines: (1) Provide follow-up and courteous and prompt resolution to
member inquiries by conducting thorough investigations and fully
educating members and customers; (2) Support corporate and
departmental goals, member enrollment activities and product
implementations; (3) Research, investigate and resolve service
failures. Improve the customer experience by identifying root
causes, trends and recommend resolutions for service recovery and
retention; (4) Educate members and prospective members to promote
HAP as the health care coverage of choice. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Respond to inquiries by telephone, mail and in person; research
and answer inquiries, complaints and appeals by following all
department standards, policies and procedures; direct inquiries to
supporting departments for appropriate action and resolution.
- Educate existing and potential members on policies, procedures,
product offerings, benefit plan and coverage provisions related to
all HAP products.
- Document all incoming inquiries accurately in to track member
inquiry history and trends.
- Practice and maintain confidentiality to Privacy and HIPAA
regulations. Proactively seek training and development to enhance
skills and abilities.
- Monitor workflow inbox and outstanding cases to ensure that all
inquiries receive an appropriate response in a timely manner;
Contact members (by phone/or in writing), as needed, to ensure
timely resolution and follow-up to inquiry.
- Interact with support departments in a professional manner to
ensure member needs are met. Develop and maintain strong business
relationships with interdepartments; Continue to self-educate on
changes in policies and procedures that occur in other departments
which could have an impact on department operations and the
servicing of member/customers.
- Attend training and development sessions or continuing
education opportunities offered by Customer Service and maintain
enhanced skill levels and performance.
- Interact with providers and their staff to obtain information
for resolving customer inquiries/complaints.
- Ensure and maintain compliance of all department and corporate
standards, policies and procedures.
- Recommend process improvements based on observations and trends
identified while interacting with internal and external
- Coordinate and assist with various departmental projects,
member enrollment periods, outreach activities and corporate
- Perform other related duties as assigned.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree or a minimum of four (4) years of recent and
related work experience in a customer service capacity may be
considered in lieu of the degree.
- Course in Medical Terminology (required completion within six
months of postemployment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent Customer Service or Call
Center experience within the last three years.
- Must successfully complete Call Center Data Entry assessment
achieving 75th percentile or higher
- Must successfully complete Call Center Listening Skills
assessment achieving 75th percentile or higher
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, patience, maturity,
empathy, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, flexibility, good judgment
and ability to provide service excellence.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle assigned projects from start
to successful completion including appropriate follow-up and
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities
concurrently in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, listening, verbal
communication and business writing skills.
- Demonstrate efficiency in using a PC and various Microsoft
- Fundamental understanding of HMO/PPO/POS delivery system and
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, overtime including
evenings and weekends as requested and/or scheduled. OverviewUnder
the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry
Ford Health System is a$6 billion integrated health system
comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sitesincluding
medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye
care facilities andother healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by
auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health systemnow has 32,000
employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical
Group, oneof the nations oldest physician groups. An additional
2,200 physicians are also affiliated with thehealth system through
the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the
regions major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100
million in annual research funding andremaining Michigans fourth
largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in
medicaleducation and training, the health system has trained nearly
40% of physicians currently practicingin the state and also
provides education and training for other health professionals
including nurses,pharmacists, radiology and respiratory
technicians. visitHenryFord.com.BenefitsWhether it's offering a new
medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices
ormaking the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's
all about choice. HenryFord Health System has a new approach for
its employee benefits program - My ChoiceRewards. My Choice Rewards
is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There aredozens of
options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits,
work/life balanceand learning - options that enhance your career
and add value to your personal life. As anemployee you are provided
access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program(Henry
Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee
Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and
services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not
eligible for benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action EmployerEqual Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer Henry Ford Health System iscommitted to the hiring,
advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard
torace, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, size, height,weight, marital status,
family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic
information,or any other protected status in accordance with
applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Henry Ford Health System, Troy , Customer Services Specialist - Part Time - Health Alliance Plan -Troy, Healthcare , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!