Healthcare Enrollment Coordinator (Troy, MI)
Company: BeneSys, Inc.
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Healthcare Enrollment Coordinator (Troy, MI) Summary
Determines, maintains, and terminates member and/or dependent
eligibility for health care benefits, full time. Healthcare
Enrollment Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Know the plan rules for eligibility as outlined in the SPD for
- Use month-end reports to determine eligibility, reinstatement,
and termination of health care coverage.
- Prepare and mail enrollment packages and ID cards to all newly
- Carefully review month-end calculation report, exception
report, post H&W report and pension check H&W deduction
- Work with Data Entry department to ensure that reported work
hours are properly recorded and computed.
- Assist members and their dependents with all issues regarding
eligibility for benefits.
- Explain eligibility rules to members.
- Work with pension department to ensure H&W deduction
amounts are correct and deducted properly for retired members and
- Audit monthly H&W Pension deduction reports.
- Collect completed enrollment forms and add all members and
their eligible dependents to the appropriate BeneSys system and
any/all outside vendor systems.
- Request and evaluate legal documents such as divorce decrees,
marriage certificates, birth certificates, etc. to determine
dependent eligibility according to Plan rules.
- Review monthly status reports and self-payment notices before
mailed to members to ensure information is correct.
- Mail manual self-payment notices to members who receive late
hours or make late payments.
- Determine qualifying events and notify member/dependent of
- Responsible for Class Code and coverage changes when member's
status changes, such as adding dependents, disability, retirement,
death and when dependents reach maximum age for coverage.
- Send proper enrollment documents to members adding children or
- Requests missing address for members from employers.
- Verify and maintain employee vital information, e. g., member
and dependent address, phone number, date of birth and social
- Change Class Code for members eligible for Medicare and enter
Medicare effective dates and MBI numbers in BeneSys system.
- Enrollment verifications.
- Other insurance inquiries and input.
- Death Notifications.
- Communicate with various vendors regarding prior authorizations
and eligibility issues.
- Review and approve weekly and monthly eligibility extracts to
be sent to vendors.
- Answer participant calls, mail participant requests and resolve
- Identify and report to Programming Department, system errors in
- Audit vendor reports and invoices monthly.
- Identify and report discrepancies in vendor invoices and
month-end reports to Manager.
- Comment system when changes are made to Participant record or
when Participant calls with request.
- Review and approve new Plan changes (rule changes/rate changes)
when applicable, after Programming has entered the changes.
- Update Redbook when necessary within 48 hours of change
- Ensure Client Site has most accurate and up-to-date information
for the Fund that he/she has been assigned.
- Is knowledgeable of policies, procedures, and coverage of
Level I: General math skills, displays good customer service
skills, experience answering customer phone calls for assigned fund
and team. Administration in COBRA, self-payments and status slips,
timely vendor file approvals. Ability to handle approximately up to
2,500 member lives. Meeting department standards of 98% accuracy
and timely processing. No more than 2 failed desk audits within a
6-month period. Proficient skills in MS Word, Excel, and
Level II: Level I skills. Complete understanding of BeneSys systems
and department procedures. Ability to understand and interpret Plan
rules. Ability to answer phone calls for all clients. Ability to
troubleshoot and communicate issues relating to; BeneSys systems,
members, and vendors. Ability to train other employees. Ability to
handle approximately 2,500 to 5,000 member lives.
Level III: Level I and II skills. Ability to handle 5,000+ member
lives. Complete understanding of all clients, assist and resolve
escalated issues and member calls. Experience with eligibility
processes on all software platforms; Legacy, BenefitDriven, OnBase,
etc. Troubleshoot issues related to vendors and eligibility EDI
files. Ability to assist with open enrollment, rate, and vendor
changes. Creates IT helpdesk tickets for their assigned fund and
those on their team. Participation in Get Well Plan conference
calls. Healthcare Enrollment Coordinator Requirements: Required
- Post-high school education or prior related work experience
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret: the eligibility rules as
outlined in the SPDs; user manuals for on-line services; department
rules and procedures manual; and COBRA Compliance manual.
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively explain to members,
dependents, providers and union officials the month-to-month
eligibility rules and requirements for coverage.
- General math skills with the ability to calculate hours and
rates to determine self-payments and hour banks.
- Must be capable of thoroughly analyzing vendor invoices and all
month-end reports; find discrepancies in member's eligibility; make
necessary corrections based on department procedures; understand
Plan rules and analysis of member's eligibility. Our Culture
BeneSys wants to be a great service provider to the members we
serve, and we recognize we can only do that if we are also a great
employer with successful employees. In short, our success is driven
by our employees' successes. We want to be a place people want to
work, feel proud of what they do and feel fulfilled both
professionally and personally; creating a place where employees can
find long-term growth and potential. Our culture focuses on three
- Collaboration: working together across 31 locations to achieve
the best for the company and our clients.
- Dedication: striving to create an environment where all
employees work toward a common goal while committing to providing
the best customer service to our members and our colleagues.
- Integrity: doing what we say we will do. Upholding strong
ethical and moral principles Healthcare Enrollment Coordinator Work
Schedule Full time. Flexible schedules available with the potential
for work from home opportunities after 90 days! Competitive
Benefits & Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 15 days of PTO during the next calendar year!
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Company paid short term disability, long term disability, and
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid training
- Career development opportunities
- Referral bonus for all full-time referrals
- Competitive wages
- Annual opportunities for increases and bonuses COVID-19
- Masks are required by all employees and clients
- Daily sanitation procedures in place
- Daily check-in program with rigorous contact tracing Pay Pay
commensurate with education and experience. ADA & EEO PM21
Keywords: BeneSys, Inc., Troy , Healthcare Enrollment Coordinator (Troy, MI), Healthcare , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!