Surgical Technologist $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!
Now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for full-time and $2,500 for
part-time Surgical Techs
Surgical Technologists work under the supervision and delegatory
authority of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct
of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the
operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions
properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under
conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists are
experts in the theory and application of the principles of asepsis
and sterile technique to combine the knowledge of human anatomy,
surgical procedures, and implementation and tools and technologies
to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and
diagnostic procedures. The surgical technologist handles the
instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical
procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being
performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the
necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care
during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for
maintenance of the sterile field.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your
financial, health and life-work balance goals.
* Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
* Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
* Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Relocation assistance
* Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft
protection and even home and auto insurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
* High school diploma required. Graduate of an accredited Surgical
Technology program required.
* Three (3) years of experience in Surgical Technician role will be
considered in lieu of the certification.
B. Work Experience:
* Experience is preferred for all roles
* Three (3) years of experience required if non-certified.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* Certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and
Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) preferred.
* Membership to the AST preferred but not required.
* BLS certification required
D. Other Qualifications:
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational
skills, and able to adapt to rapidly changing environment.
* Prepares and anticipates instrumentation, equipment, and supplies
for usage during the procedure.
* Sets up the sterile back table and Mayo stand with instruments,
supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for the
* Performs initial instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the
* Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during
the briefing process.
* Assists with draping the patient and establishing the sterile
* Anticipates the needs of the surgeon by passing instruments and
supplies to surgeon during procedure.
* Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during the
* Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate
* Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
* Assists other members of the team with cleaning the operating
room to facilitate turnovers.
* Participates in debriefing and quality improvement practices
ensuring quality patient care.
* Assists in the development of a proper learning environment in
relation to orientation and education of personnel and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Physical Effort:
* Able to stand for long periods. Able to lift/move instrument pans
and equipment using proper body mechanics.
* Work Environment:
* Restricted, sterile environment with controlled humidity and
Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast
Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you'll have
a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. Beaumont has
more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Troy , Surgical Technologist $5,000 Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!