RN Progressive Care
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Registered Nurse - Progressive Care -Be Extraordinary, Join Our
Team!Beaumont is now offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for this
full-time, 12-hour midnight (7 p - 7:30 a) position.GENERAL
SUMMARY:The Registered Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice,
utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide
professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered
care principles. The Registered Nurse provides quality patient care
under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont
policies and procedures. -About our Unit: 3 North PCU is a
step-down unit that takes care of a variety of patients requiring
telemetry monitoring. On 3 North we always strive to provide
compassionate, extraordinary care to our patients and families. We
work as a team and support each other to ensure everyone can
provide excellent care to our patients.BENEFITSBeaumont offers a
comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and
life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insuranceSTANDARD
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: - Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. - This is effective September 1, 2017. Specialty
Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
- Work Experience: - - As required by job posting -
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications: -
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by department.
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer.ESSENTIAL DUTIES: - - - -
- Apply the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation, and discharge needs of
- Apply the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognize the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partner with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provide quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provide aid to individuals in a manner that considers their
special needs, age-related and cultural-related needs.
- Recognize the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Document in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. - Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and
is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers,
and educating patients and families.
- Stay up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence-based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Complete a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participate in department-based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family, and partners in care.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Physical Effort:
- StrengthPosition requires ability to frequently push/pull up to
30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability
to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift
objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift to 40 lbs.
- Manual DexterityPosition requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple
manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to
frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
- CoordinationPosition requires incumbent to constantly perform
gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks
which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to
eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
- MobilityPosition requires incumbent to constantly walk and
stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such
as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination Position requires incumbent to constantly
see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as
- HearingPosition requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous
BEAUMONTBeaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout
Southeast Michigan. - With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites
you'll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from. -
Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any
other health system.We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerBeaumont
Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons
without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability,
age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Troy , RN Progressive Care, Healthcare , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!