RN Surgical Progressive Care
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Be Extraordinary, Join Our Team!Beaumont is now offering a
$10,000 sign on bonus for this full-time/midnight nursing
opportunity! -Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope.
That's just the beginning of the difference you can make when you
join our team of Registered Nurses at Beaumont Health.Discover what
comes next for your nursing career when you join a collaborative
team whose clarity, compassion, curiosity and courage are advancing
medicine and setting new standards for exceptional care. - UNIT AND
HOSPITAL SUMMARY:3 East is a 27 bed, surgical Progressive Unit. -
We take vascular, trauma, ortho, and GI surgical patients. Beaumont
Hospital, TroyThis 530-bed, Magnet --designated facility offers a
comprehensive array of services to the rapidly growing communities
of the northern Detroit suburbs. This center has been ranked as one
of Newsweek's "World's Best Hospitals" in addition to earning a
place as the #3 hospital and as one of the best in the nation for
orthopedics and urological services by U.S. News & World Report.
This state-of-the-art center provides advanced specialty and
routine care with an emphasis on patient satisfaction and a focus
on medical advancement.GENERAL SUMMARY:In this role the Registered
Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice, utilizes the framework of
the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by
incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The
Registered Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction
of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
-ESSENTIAL DUTIES: - - - - -
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. - Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.BENEFITS STATEMENT:Beaumont
offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial,
health and life-work balance goals.
- NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- Free onsite parking at all campusesSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: -Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. - This is effective September 1, 2017. Specialty
Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
- Work Experience: As required by job posting -
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications: -Current American Heart Association BLS
for Healthcare Providers certification and other certifications as
required by department.This document represents the major duties,
responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended
to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be
understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform
job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.WORKING
- Physical Effort:
- Strength - Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up
to 30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires
ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly
lift objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Manual Dexterity - Position requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple
manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to
frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
- Coordination - Position requires incumbent to constantly
perform gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform
tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting
patients to eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and
tasks which require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients
temps and pulses.
- Mobility - Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and
stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such
as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination - Positions requires incumbent to
constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects
such as reading thermometers.
- Hearing - Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxons, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.ABOUT BEAUMONTAs the largest
not-for-profit health care system serving Michigan, we offer a
world of opportunity within our expansive system. We have more
nationally ranked hospitals than any other health system in the
state, including six that are Magnet --recognized. In total,
Beaumont has eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites that provide
diverse practice settings located in communities throughout
southeastern Michigan and the greater Detroit metropolitan area. -
EEO STATEMENT: Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity
to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national
origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information,
marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any
other legally protected category. -We are an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Troy , RN Surgical Progressive Care, Healthcare , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!