Health & Wellness Coordinator
Company: Brookdale Troy AL (MI)
Posted on: September 22, 2022
OverviewMake Lives Better Including Your Own. -If you want to
work in an environment where you can become your best possible
self, join us! - Youll earn more than a paycheck; you can find
opportunities to grow your career through professional development,
as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and
wellness. - -Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and
retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. -
Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsVeterans, transitioning active
duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
apply. - -Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
vaccination.ResponsibilitiesManages the day-to-day healthcare
operations of the community to ensure residents healthcare needs
are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and
ensures quality care as residents healthcare needs change. -
- Ensures consistent quality resident care and service delivery
throughout all shifts; this may require assuming the role and
responsibilities of a Caregiver or Med Tech/Aide in order to meet
the residents needs and staffing requirements.
- Assists in the supervision of community-based licensed nursing
staff, medication technicians/CMA's, and Caregivers.
- Provides training and education to Caregivers on an ongoing
basis to include classroom in-services and situation-specific
- Assists in the maintenance of resident charts and review of
documentation performed by care giving staff.
- As allowed by the Nurse Practice Act, assists in assessing the
health, functional, and psycho social status of residents.
Initiates individualized Personal Service Plans and proactively
manages care and services for each resident. Evaluates the
effectiveness and maximizes the resident's opportunity to remain in
- Ensures and conducts Personal Service Plan reviews and updates,
according to Brookdale and state requirements, to ensure residents
service needs are met.
- Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the
health, safety and well-being of residents, proactively identifying
those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem solving.
- Oversees and manages the continuity and consistency of
medication training, pharmacy management and medication supervision
and/or administration in the community. Conducts periodic Care
Associate medication skills inventory checks, and periodic
medication audits per Brookdale Guidelines.
- Implements and maintains Brookdale operating standards, systems
and processes. Monitors and participates in Quality Improvement and
Risk Management programs at Safety Committee Meetings,
Collaborative Care Meetings and Family Care Conferences.
- Assists in the scheduling and follow through of physician
visits including, but not limited to, dental appointments, eye
appointments, therapy, and hospice both in house and scheduled
visits out of the community. Ensures communication, as appropriate,
on the results of these visits.
- Completes documentation as required by Brookdale or state
- Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate
person or agency regarding changes in residents health/well-being,
personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues,
family or outside health care provider concerns.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers Compensation claims.
- Participates in community events, including family and social
- Shares on-call and Manager on Duty responsibilities/shifts as
required. -This job description represents an overview of the
responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An
associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.QualificationsEducation and ExperienceEducation as
required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or RN) and a
minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience. -Certifications,
Licenses, and Other Special RequirementsLPN/LVN or RN license.
-Management/Decision MakingUses limited independent judgment to
make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines.
Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows
when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them
personally. -Knowledge and SkillsHas a working knowledge of a skill
or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall
understanding of the work environment and process. Has working
knowledge of the organization. Basic typing skills along with a
working knowledge of personal computing and word processing
software are required, preferably in a Microsoft Windows
environment. -Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Vision -Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a
Keywords: Brookdale Troy AL (MI), Troy , Health & Wellness Coordinator, Healthcare , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!