Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager
Company: St. Croix Hospice
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Troy-MI - Troy, MI
2 Year Degree
The Registered Nurse Case Manager plans, organizes and directs
hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on
community health education/experience. The professional nurse
builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct
services to meet the needs of individual and families within their
homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes an initial, comprehensive, and ongoing comprehensive
assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs.
Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
- Writing and initiating plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
- Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
the physician in the physician's plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.
- Acts as RN Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor
and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
- Completes, maintains, and submits accurate and relevant
clinical notes regarding patient's condition and care given.
Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
physicians' orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques
as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as
ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities
for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works
in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members
in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice
interdisciplinary group to meet the emotional needs of the patient
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance and participation in continuing education and
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
We offer amazing benefits including growth opportunities! We have
career opportunities both locally and regionally and many of our
leaders have grown from within the company and truly understand how
vital each role is in creating quality care.
- The opportunity to work 1-1 with our patients, impacting their
life and their families.
- Two medical plan choices
- Dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Customized Mental Health Support Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan with up to 4% employer matching
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2)
years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting,
and one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in home care
- Current licensure in State.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling,
and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good
Keywords: St. Croix Hospice, Troy , Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager, Healthcare , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!