Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: March 21, 2023
This position is located at the Rehabilitation and Dialysis
Center clinic. This is a multidisciplinary clinic that sees
neurological and specialty services patients
The physical therapist is responsible for examining, evaluating and
developing a treatment plan for patients with functional
limitations and disabilities. PT's provide consultation to
healthcare providers regarding a patient's continuum of care. The
individual in this position is required to appropriately interact
with all patients regardless of age or culture and to adhere to the
Beaumont customer service standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy required. Masters or
Doctorate Degree preferred.
- Work Experience :
- Written or verbal communication skills required. Word
processing and computer skills required. It is preferred that
pediatric therapists have NDT certification and competency in
- Certification, Licensure, Registration :
- Michigan State License in Physical Therapy required. BLS
- Other Qualifications :
- Competent clinical and evaluation skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer service standards;
excellent verbal and written communication; ability to work
independently in a fast paced environment; knowledge of clinical
pathology, evaluation and treatment techniques for assigned
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer proficiency for EMR
- Rehab: NDT or NCS Board certification preferred.
- Neurotrauma Rehab: This program specializes in the treatment of
traumatic brain and spinal cord injured patients. Requires
collaborating with a multidisciplinary team, good communication
skills is essential.
- Peds Rehab: SI and/or NDT or PCS Board certification or
experience preferred. Ability to interact effectively with
pediatric patients and their families is essential. BENEFITS
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your
financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- Free onsite parking at all campuses ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Direct patient care: Provides a Physical Therapy evaluation,
incorporating patient treatment: evaluates, interprets findings;
develops treatment and discharge plans; implements treatment,
re-evaluates, educates patients and significant others; meets
- Documents: evaluation results, treatment and discharge plans
and daily treatment according to all applicable laws, rules,
regulations, and professional standards of documentation; submits
charges for services provided.
- Maintains verbal, written and electronic communication and
collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team, referral
sources, physicians, and 3rd party payors.
- Participates in leadership functions: community outreach, CQI,
marketing, cost containment, program development,
PTA/AT/aide/student supervision; teaches staff, physicians and
- Professional development: Attends staff meetings; maintains and
improves competence through self-study, attending in-services and
continuing education programs. Clinical education to students.
- Evaluate, consult and implement an appropriate treatment plan
for each patient. Accurately documents treatments and charges for
self and assigned support staff.
- Serve as a resource of information and treatment skill for less
knowledgeable staff, provide student supervision.
- Manage staff and department resources wisely. Supervise
assigned support staff.
- Collaborate with intra and interdisciplinary team members
regarding patient care. Collaborates with patient, family,
significant other in treatment and in discharge planning.
- Provide documentation to the physicians regarding the patient
initially, at discharge, and at appropriate intervals. Discusses
changes to the prescribed program with the physician before
- PT maintains good standing with the licensure/regulatory board
and all applicable laws/rules/regulations. This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Physical Effort :
- Standing/moving while performing duties.
- Assisting patients with standing, walking, therapeutic
- Balancing, transferring patients.
- Reaching to access equipment or assist patients.
- Fine motor skills (to perform therapeutic procedures, operate
- Motor skills to lift.
- Lifting/Positioning patients for procedures.
- Pushing/Pulling patients in wheelchairs, carts, equipment.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling while standing.
- Manual dexterity.
- Visual Demands: Near vision to operate equipment as well as
decipher notes, orders; depth perception, fine discriminate detail
to read monitors/graphs, labels, reports.
- Acuity/Auditory Demands: distinguish sounds to respond to
patients, staff, equipment, instrumentation, hear speech.
- Sensory demands: distinguish hot and cold, manual
- Verbal Demands: make sounds to verbally communicate with
patients or staff what is required, form words, speak loudly, speak
- Work Environment :
- Primarily functions in an office environment or therapy clinic
environment. Occasional home assessments. Occasionally in pool
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications. Beaumont Health grants equal
employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to
race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion,
genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Troy , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...