Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Title: Human Resource Generalist
Company: Pinnacle, Inc.
Location: Troy, Michigan
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Medical (3 plans to choose from) - premium is 100% ER paid
- Dental - premium is 100% ER paid
- Vision - premium is 100% ER paid
- $100,000 group life insurance - premium is 100% ER paid
- 401(k) with ER match (after 90 days)
- 10 days vacation + 2 personal days (after 90 days)
- 3 days paid sick leave
- Corporate rate at Lifetime Fitness
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability soon to come
Summary: Responsible for planning and administering policies
relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing
the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Enhances the organization's human resources by planning,
implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources
policies, programs, and practices. Advises management in
appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and
job descriptions for all positions.
- Manage Employee Handbook and policies. Review annually.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting
regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures
policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. This
includes overseeing Anti-Kickback Statute/Sunshine Act reporting
requirements for Health Care Professionals (HCPs).
- Actively recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill
vacant positions and maintain candidate pipeline for ongoing
hiring. Ensure all parties involved in recruiting process are
following proper protocols. Utilize Predictive Index and HireVue as
part of recruitment efforts.
- Run background checks on new employees
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Draft offer letters
- Conduct exit interviews when employees leave
- Establishes and maintains the process for training and
development of employees throughout the company. Gain high level
understanding of Predictive Index program and effectively train and
provide managers with tools to utilize with their teams.
- Designs, directs, and manages a company-wide process of
organization development that addresses issues such as succession
planning , superior workforce development , and key employee
- Manage and oversee performance review process and semi-annual
employee satisfaction survey program. Compile and present
management with recommendations based on feedback from
- Establishes and maintains communications with employees at all
levels to disseminate appropriate information regarding corporate
strategy, programs, performance, etc.
- Maintain personnel files and utilize standard records retention
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and
disability insurances, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and
- Reviews these programs on a regular basis to insure maximum
benefits for the corporation's employees within a reasonable
- Allows for personal development and growth in skills by
accepting regular feedback, training, and mentoring from managers
- Proactively communicates with team members and leadership.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Adheres to all company health and safety, OSHA, and MIOSHA
procedures, standards, and guidelines.
None. This role does not currently supervise employees, but may in
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and conflict
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal
relationships at all levels of the company
- Ability to design and exhibit engaging presentations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Trusting, but understands the need to verify as well
- Ability to work in a calm and focused demeanor
- Respectful, reliable, and honest Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
advanced level knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office Suite and
common internet browsers. Experience with Paychex Flex, BambooHR
and Predictive Index software is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field
- At least three years of human resource management
- SHRM certification a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such
as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,
area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Standard office equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms
and talk or hear.
Keywords: HRB, Troy , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!