Head of Payroll
Company: Mahle Inc.
Posted on: May 27, 2023
This is a Hybrid position that can sit in either the MAHLE Troy
or Farmington Hills campus
The Head of Payroll is responsible for the overall payroll
functions and related timekeeping activities. This role ensures
accuracy and efficiency of multi state and multi company payrolls,
levels of customer service, data integrity, and special payments
(incentives and bonuses), consistent with local, state, and federal
wage and hour laws. This position collaborates with other human
resources colleagues to facilitate cooperation and problem
resolution regarding payroll topics, and with external department
managers as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace the MAHLE Leadership Principles:
- Empower with accountability: Own mistakes and practice
continual learning. Foster autonomy and development.
- Trust each other: Practice collaboration and communicate in an
honest and authentic way. Utilize differences to make us
- Inspire for change: Create enthusiasm for MAHLE's future by
establishing an environment that supports innovation and
- Lead by example: Make and keep commitments. Receive feedback
before giving feedback.
- Strive to create an inclusive environment in which employees
are valued and respected.
- Take ownership of talent management practices within your team.
This includes, but is not limited to, diversity, equity and
inclusion, learning and development, performance management, and
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of payroll team. Manage
payroll workload to meet operational requirements. Ensure team is
up to date on governmental regulations regarding payroll.
- Ensure payroll and time system is maintained to generate
accurate payroll data. Collaborate with HRIS and related
departments to resolve issues with time collection system and
payroll system as needed.
- Manage all federal, state, and local tax deposits and required
governmental reporting (940, 941, local returns, etc.). Ensure
timely and accurate completion.
- Manage the annual year-end production of W2 processing. Ensure
timely and accurate completion.
- Work with Internal human resources, HRIS and information
technology departments to complete all system changes, updates,
etc. as required due to changes in company policy or federal,
state, or local legislation.
- Develops and contributes to the development of strategic and
operating plans and budgets, for payroll projects and
- Perform routine audits of data, to ensure accuracy and
integrity in all data targeted for both internal and external
sources. Also conduct audits to verify reported payroll hours.
Review time sheets, work charts, and other information in order to
detect and reconcile any payroll discrepancies.
- Interpret and implement company policies and government
regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Identify and implement ongoing process improvements and best
practices to enhance usage of payroll and timekeeping technologies
across the business.
- Assure payroll reporting and posting requirements are followed
by payroll team and proper company procedures are adhered to.
- Oversee the balance and transmission of weekly, biweekly, and
monthly payrolls, as well as the processing of severance, short
term disability, and bonus payments.
- Complete statistical reports, statements, and summaries related
- Establish withholding tax and unemployment taxes for new
- Assist finance with payroll requests and reports. Prepare,
audit relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports as
- Support all internal and external audits related to
- Develop communications to inform employees of payroll related
management program changes.
- Prepare reports as requested, as well as timely preparation of
other reports necessary to conduct business
- All other duties and projects as assigned. SUPERVISORY
- This position is responsible for supervising a team of Payroll
Analysts and Payroll Administrators. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business
Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related
field from an accredited four year college or university
- Minimum of 8+ years previous or related experience preferred,
5+ years of Payroll management experience preferred
- Excellent leadership and decision making skills required,
ability to make difficult decisions and set the example for
- Excellent planning and analytical skills required
- Ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects with
multiple work streams or departments to successful completion
- Ability to identify and take the initiative to solve complex
problems, work within deadlines with a high attention to detail,
and to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen and the ability to influence and develop
strong working relationships with all levels of employees,
including human resources colleagues and senior level management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
- Must have strong understanding of federal, state, and local
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Office
- HRIS experience is required, SAP experience preferred
- Human resources certification preferred (PHR/SHRM)
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Certified payroll professional (CPP) desired
Do you have any questions?
Keywords: Mahle Inc., Troy , Head of Payroll, Human Resources , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...