Software Engineer - Specialist (Radar)
Company: Magna International Inc.
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Job Number: 8012
Group: Magna Mechatronics, Mirrors & Lighting
Division: Magna Mechatronics of America
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: Troy, Newmarket
The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in
automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility.
Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique vehicle access
experiences, intelligent visions systems and advanced automotive
lighting technologies, MML's expertise light the path to
innovation, safety and styling.
The automotive industry is constantly changing and Magna is at the
forefront of this evolution. We are looking for innovative and
entrepreneurial minds who want to help drive the industry forward
with us. We are leading autonomous vehicle development and the
future of our industry by creating the technology that will change
people's lives. Join us and be a part of that challenge.
Magna Mechatronics is a leading full systems supplier of innovative
mechatronics systems to the global automotive industry. Our designs
combine the capabilities of mechanical systems with the
intelligence of electronic controls and sensing to enable new ways
of interacting with the vehicle. Our in-house electronics
manufacturing expertise allows for seamless integration into any
The Mechatronics Global Engineering Group is looking for an
experienced Software Engineering Specialist to support our
Electronics Engineering Team.
The Software Engineer - Specialist is responsible for designing the
Automotive embedded software components (detailed design), coding
and developing the software components as well as evaluating the
software components based on the software architecture as well as
the software requirements within the short range RADAR sensing
- RADAR System experience - FMCW, Range/Speed Resolution, Doppler
mapping, AoA, Noise mitigation, Multipath cancelation techniques,
Clutter removal, Optimization for Range and performance, Etc.
- RADAR Signal Processing and Algorithm experience - FFT, Digital
Filters, CFAR, Object Detection, Clustering, Tracking,
- Responsible for Software Requirements Analysis, Software
Component and software integrations tests based on software
architecture and software requirements
- Development (design, implement, test and debug) of core and/or
application specific software requirements for automotive embedded
electronic module serial production projects.
- Develop software in compliance with a formal ASPICE/CMMi based
process, per OEM processes.
- Integration of the software components to a complete system and
make the software available for the project team and the customer,
ensuring proper release notes and archive of materials.
- Main customer interface for all software related activities
including customer design reviews as well as clarification and
negotiation of customer requirements for the project, amongst other
tasks related to this.
- Lead the planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting of all
software related activities for various projects.
- Integration of 3rd party vehicle network software such as CAN
NOS and Flash boot loader into an application specific software
- Develop automotive diagnostic software in compliance to
customer specifications (UDS, Etc).
- Desired RF / Antenna expertise - MIMO, Beamforming, FoV,
- Desired RF Regulatory and Legislation experience.
- Desired CST Modeling and Simulation experience, at Component
and System levels.
- Support OEM Functional Safety and Security mandates.
- Support OEM AUTOSAR mandates.
- Benchmark competitor's and supplier solutions to determine how
to improve and provide leading edge technology.
- Performs procedures necessary for protection of intellectual
- Follows safe work procedures, using appropriate personal
protective equipment (PPE), uses workplace tools and equipment as
instructed, reports workplace hazards, injuries and illness as soon
as possible following event.
- Performs other duties as necessary for completion of projects
and achievement of departmental and business goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering / Electrical
Engineering / Computer Science / Physics or equivalent.
- Master's is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years Automotive Embedded Electronic Control Unit based
experience with the Responsibilities and Tasks listed above for
serial development projects.
- Mandatory experience in Short Range RADAR Sensing.
- Knowledge of product development engineering practices in the
automotive field, including structured Engineering approach,
portable code, reusable and modular software design.
- Involvement in all phases of the Software Development Life
Cycle (SDLC), using a disciplined software development process
including Software Development Plan, Software Requirements
Specification, Configuration Management, Etc.
- Knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as
Requirements Management, Version Control, Configuration Management,
UML tools, Static Code Analysis tools, Etc.
- Knowledge of embedded software development in C/C++ for 16 bit
and 32 bit micro-controllers, DSP including application for
micro-controllers such as NXP, STM, TI, Infineon, Microchip and
- Experience with implementation of low level device driver
software such as SPI, I2C, PWM for various microcontrollers.
- Knowledge in software integration according to automotive
standards, ASPICE, CAN, AUTOSAR, Etc.
- Knowledge of software Development tools, i.e. Assembler,
Complier, Vector CAN tools, Unit Testing tool, Debugger,
Programmers, CAN and LIN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe,
CANape, Intrepid neoVI, Etc.
- Experience with implementation of various diagnostic protocols
such as UDS / ISO 14229.
- High level and methodical Troubleshooting and debugging
- Knowledge of Automotive methods such as structured problem
solving (8D) methods and/or techniques, FMEA, DVP&R, DFM/DFA,
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications (Power point, Word, Excel,
- The Position is located in our Troy, Michigan office or our
Newmarket, Ontario office.
- Some travel may be required to Customer Manufacturing and other
Magna locations (in US, Mexico, China, Europe and Canada)
- All persons hired will be required to verify identity and
eligibility to work in either the United States or Canada to
complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon
Keywords: Magna International Inc., Troy , Software Engineer - Specialist (Radar), IT / Software / Systems , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!