Posted on: February 19, 2021
What does a great Computer Operator do?The role of a Computer
Operator within Fiserv's Credit Union Solutions team you have the
primary responsibility of monitoring client automated processing
schedules, electronic file transmissions and system backups along
with resolving or escalating issues in a timely manner while making
sure system uptime obligations are met. As a Computer Operator you
can look forward to:
- Monitors automated nightly schedule for any problems (i.e., job
aborts, hung jobs, etc.), and resolving when able or escalating
- Monitors and logs all incoming and outgoing transmission files,
along with researching, resolving and/or escalating any issues
- Monitors and reports any system problems or equipment failures
(high disks, hung systems, connection or network issues, etc.)
- Monitors, resolves and/or escalates facility functions, alerts
and alarms (Guardian Alarm alerts, AC issues, UPS battery usage,
generator test, walkabout, Netbotz, etc.)
- Monitors peripheral equipment and software for problems,
resolving and/or escalating appropriately as needed (i.e. Momentum,
- Completes all required operating records such as shift turnover
reports, problem logs, ticket requests, etc. Schedules special
requests from clients to their nightly processing schedule as
needed making sure to meet deadlines.
- Supports department project development, setup and
implementation as requested.
- Performs special requests from our business partners as needed.
(i.e. reboot systems, change backup tapes, etc.).
- Shift: Tuesday - Saturday 4pm - 12am
- Able and willing to work weekends, holidays and cover R&R
for fellow associates
- Able and willing to work moderate overtime to cover peak
period, along with potential last minute coverage of different
shifts (i.e. days, midnights, split shift) with short notice in
emergency situations. Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 + years of professional work experience
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work
- Able to multi task.
- Able to adapt to change in deadlines and changes in the nature
- Capable of clear and direct communication with peers and
managementLearn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does,
we know most people aren't thinking about "financial services" But
we are. We help people and businesses move money and information
every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial
institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another,
millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to
move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a
FORTUNE--- 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most
Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed
to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities
of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.We welcome
and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal
Keywords: Fiserv, Troy , Computer Operator, IT / Software / Systems , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!