Application Software Engineer
Company: Magna International
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Number: 30488--Group: Magna Powertrain----Division: EC
Troy--Job Type: Permanent/Regular--Location: Troy--Group
IntroductionTransforming mobility. Making automotive technology
that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That---s what we---re
passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating
world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the
global automotive industry with full capabilities in design,
development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain
systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness,
and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation.
Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna
Mission of the Position We are looking for talented team members to
be a part of a dynamic team looking to push boundaries, innovate
and are passionate about being a part of the transformation from
traditional powertrains to eMobility. Responsible for the design
and development of model based functional software for driveline
electronic control systems and components. Working from broad
specifications, not only performs, but is responsible for
engineering activities such as developing & testing the model-based
software in matlab/Simulink/Targetlink for All Wheel Drive Torque
Distribution systems.---- Key Responsibilities
- Modeling in Simulink, Stateflow and or Targetlink --- Design,
Development and problem resolution of new and existing electronic
controls systems and components for powertrain, eDrives and chassis
- Ensure a configurable, extendable/reusable driveline controls
based on the Magna---s Platform Software concept.
- Cascade of specifications from system to components to software
requirements, software unit test cases (MIL-SIL), software
integration test strategy and delivery of product design to the
specification as per Automotive SPICE.
- Responsible for participating or conducting research for new
tools, best practices and alternative approaches to optimal
electrical components and software development.
- To be able to work in Agile team.
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations
to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe
- Independently plans, designs, and carries out work assignments
and often serves as a technical authority in the project team.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna---s
Charter and Constitution.
- Follow Magna---s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational
guidelines related to established quality management system
- Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality,
efficiency and reduce cost.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of
self are performed in a safe manner.
- Health & Safety responsibilities:
- -- -- Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety
policies and procedures in the workplace.
- -- -- Report unsafe conditions immediately.
- -- -- Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses,
property damage immediately.
- -- -- Follow safety rules.
- -- -- Comply with requirements for the use or operation of
machines or equipment.
- -- ----Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working
relationship with internal and external customers.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust, and respect.
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the
requirements for the performance of this position. --It is not to
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities, or requirements.-- Customers and Business
- Systems Engineering--
- Software & HIL Test Engineering
- Vehicle Verification Engineering
- eDS Engineering--
- Project Management--
- Electrical Hardware Engineering
- North American OEMs Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in engineering required (Electrical,
Software, Controls Engineering or similar preferred).
- Experience with modeling tools e.g. Matlab / Simulink /
Stateflow and automatic code generation (DSpace Targetlink,
- Experience with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANape, CANoe) and
Version Control system (e.g. PTC) preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in C,C++.--
- Experience working on Application Software for powertrain
electro-mechanical components (clutches, axle lockers, axle
disconnect units etc.), eDrives, Brushed/Brushless motor drives is
- Experience working on Application Software for Vehicle Dynamics
& Stability is an added advantage.
- Automotive industry experience strongly preferred.
- High level of analytical ability to understand the engineering
theory and principles of design.
- Working knowledge in computer-based software, strong
organizational/communication skills, and ability to work with
others in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Automotive SPICE and ISO26262 required.-- Work
Environment Office Environment; 20% travel required.-- While
working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to
machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne
particles, fumes, and various levels of temperature created by
Keywords: Magna International, Troy , Application Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!