Lead Salesforce Developer, Mortgage
Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Description Summary Our Lead Salesforce Developer is
responsible for leading a team of IT professionals in understanding
and supporting the business of Flagstar Bank through the design,
development and implementation of applications, application
enhancements and new capabilities on the Salesforce platform. They
are expected to provide technical leadership in every stage of the
development lifecycle, from analysis and design to development,
configuration, testing, release and maintenance while adhering to
current System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes. They will
also work closely with various customers including their immediate
project teams, business domain experts and other technical staff
members. They are accountable for the mentoring, coaching, and
development of their team.
- Technical Leadership - Leads and manages a technical team and
acts as the primary point of contact for all technical
- Solution Design -Translates business and technical requirements
into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply
with approved standards. Reviews functional specifications, creates
detailed technical design and technical specifications.
- Code Development - Ensures development activities are aligned
with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives. Oversees
code development and unit and performance testing activities.
Develops and enhances application code.
- Testing - Leads validation efforts by performing and/or
assisting others in validating the solution performs as expected.
This includes and is not limited to system integration testing,
performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing
and defect remediation. Meets or exceeds all operational readiness
requirements (e.g., operations engineering, performance, and risk
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing staff and reviews work
products from team and vendor consultants.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local
laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training.
Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance
policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date
with changing regulations and policies. Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, engineering,
math or related field plus 10 years of IT development experience
preferred, or 15 years of comparable work experience required.
- 5+ years developing on the Salesforce platform required.
- Salesforce Platform Developer I or II certification
- 10 years of developer experience (Finance/Lending industry
experience a plus) or 15 years of comparable work experience
- 5 years of experience designing and building technical
solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- 5 years of experience with various Software Development Life
Cycle methods such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.
- 5 years of experience with web services, executing calls and
interpreting responses (SOAP or REST).
- 7 years of experience leading others either formally or
- Experience working within large, cross-functional teams with
ability to collaborate with customers, analysts, developers, and
quality assurance staff.
- Excellent communicator - Ability to communicate verbally and in
technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive,
contextually appropriate manner.
- Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and
confidence in both the business and IT communities.
- Exceptional ability in interpreting customer business needs and
translating them into application and operational
- Exceptional problem solving and analytic skills with proven
strength in applying root cause analysis.
- Ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention and
effort between project workload and support tasks.
- Experience building applications in a managed-service
environment with engineering constraints.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce Objects and Data Model.
- Hands on experience in object oriented language is preferred -
Understanding of front end web development languages, database
technologies and backend development languages.
- Proven ability to design and build technical solutions on the
Salesforce platform, following and teaching best practices for
configuration and code.
- Proven ability to quickly understand an existing Salesforce
solution, improving the code you interact with, following and
teaching clean code principles.
- Proficiency in test-driven development; building, writing and
executing unit Apex test methods with proper assertions.
- Strong experience with web services, executing calls and
interpreting responses (SOAP and REST).
- Strong experience with source control management tools, GIT
- Experience with incident management and ability to participate
in off-hours support as required.
- Adaptable to change in process, procedure and priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills. For Internal use only: Job
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Troy , Lead Salesforce Developer, Mortgage, IT / Software / Systems , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...