Posted on: January 5, 2021
Job Summary Coordinates and participates in the recruitment,
training, licensing, and investigation activities of foster care
homes for children and families in the community assigned, in
accordance with all applicable contractual and regulatory
requirements and accreditation standards. Duties and
- Devise, implement and evaluate strategies and recruitment plan
to assure adequate foster homes in accordance with program,
organization and contractual requirements and standards.
- Develop and maintain current contact file with recruitment
sources, prospective foster home data files and mailing lists.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with
religious/community groups and key individuals to increase their
awareness of the need for foster parents, and organization
- In coordination with communications and planning department,
develop and circulate promotional materials. Make regular press
releases to public media sources and presentations when requested
to promote foster care awareness and recruitment under the
direction of the director.
- Plan and conduct regular orientation meetings and pre-service
training with prospective foster parents.
- Complete original home study for all new foster parent
- Complete annual and renewal license assessments, and all
licensing actions related to changes in foster home within
- Complete investigations of all complaints against foster
families in a thorough and timely manner; provide written reports
to appropriate parties and regulatory agencies.
- Provide on-going training and consultation for foster
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of recruitment strategies;
maintain statistical data related to service delivery outcomes and
measurements; provide reports and data as requested.
Job Qualifications Education, Training, and
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field.
- State of Michigan Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- Experience in child welfare preferred. Knowledge Skills and
- Ability to operate with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize work
projects and tasks.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define
situations involving several variables.
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively both
verbally and in writing. Effective public speaking to large or
small groups of individuals. Ability to prepare business letters,
reports and summaries using prescribed format and conforming to
rules of punctuation, grammar, and diction.
- Ability to work within complex social systems and coordinate
resources as they apply to client needs.
- Thorough knowledge of child development, personality, family
life, parenting, and ethnicity.
- Ability to employ social brokering, advocating, and mobilizing
individuals and groups.
- Ability to gather information from clients and incorporate
relevant information in assessing and prioritizing needs of
- Ability to apply counseling techniques with individuals and
- Ability to work in team relationships with other professionals
from varied community groups, agencies and disciplines.
- Ability to maintain a helping role and intervenes appropriately
to meet service goals.
- Ability to deal constructively and appropriately with client
apathy, hostility, resistance and anger.
- Ability to express empathy and compassion towards persons
- Demonstrates cultural and ethnic sensitivity.
- Able to utilize various computer software applications.
Additional Work Requirements
- May be required to work extended and weekend hours.
- Unrestricted Michigan driver's license with good driving
record. Reliable personal transportation suitable for safely
transporting persons served; proof of current automobile insurance.
Physical and Requirements
- High levels of concentration.
- Ability to move freely about.
- Ability to lift/carry small children, and restrain older
children up to 100 pounds.
- Near visual acuity.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Hand and finger dexterity.
At Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to "Be The Rock That Starts
The Ripple". A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of
the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive
change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas!
We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking
for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a
lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative
team.--We want you to be our rock! We walk with people in need,
offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity,
advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions
with those who place their trust in us. For a Samaritas video
preview please click on our video link: https://vimeo.com/344133081
Samaritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: Samaritas, Troy , Licensing Worker, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!