Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and
Our client in Saline, MI is looking for a Body Design Engineer.
This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinate the design and development of upper body and/or
cooling & exhaust components.
- Manage component development throughout the design cycle from
concept stage through to production line off by using The Client's
development methodologies and processes for vehicle
- Execute design utilizing Catia V5 independently and by leading
Supplier Engineers or CAD modelers.
- Conduct packaging / layout studies.
- Create drawings & 3D models using Client specified design
- Manage and continuously adjust priorities and processes to
maintain project targets and deliverables - i.e. schedule,
performance, cost, quality
- Visualization of issues, concerns, and gaps for responsible
parts and design processes. Participate in improvement and
reflection activities as required
- Ability to travel to suppliers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively
with suppliers and affiliates
- Ability to work 20% overtime.
- Project Management experience.
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of engineering design experience with body shell and/or
cooling and exhaust.
- 2 years Engineering experience with Catia V5.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business "First"
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and
cloud solutions in the area of data analytics, product development,
and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations
in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected
world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than
3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries,
we help solve our customer's toughest challenges and deliver
unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better
decisions, and turn today's problems into tomorrow's
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data
analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers
integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand
product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins
to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud
solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more,
please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the
brains behind some of the world's most revolutionary innovations
and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive
headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the
impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer's
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are
diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our
success. Altair's history demonstrations a belief that empowering
each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives
because of the uniqueness among our team.