Dialysis Clinical Tech, Troy
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reports to the Head Nurse. Under supervision of nursing staff is
responsible for the assessment and direct care of patients on
hemodialysis. Will strive to fulfill the organization's mission,
vision, values, philosophy and goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates ability to assess and monitor patients on an
ongoing basis (keeping in mind age-specific needs) and communicates
information to appropriate team member.
- Demonstrates ability to respond in emergency situation.
Reinforces education to patients Documents patient care and
observations (e.g. flow sheets, AMA=s, incident reports).
Demonstrates professional approach to job.
- Follows operational activities specific to assigned unit, (e.g.
call-in times, breaks).
- Demonstrates acceptance of constructive criticism and direction
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
- Reports to work in designated attire, (i.e. ID badge, lab coat,
is neat, maintains proper hygiene).
- Communicates with other departments, agencies or service
- Functions as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates ability to plan work activities.
- Demonstrates problem-solving methodologies for benefit of
patients/significant others and the patient care area. Does so
within scope of authority.
- Carries out doctors' orders within parameters of role. Follows
infection control policies and procedures (e.g. hand washing, face
shield and gloves).
- Demonstrates ability to minimize waste in assigned unit. In
conjunction with team members, monitors and adjusts dialysis
therapy to meet the needs of the patient (keeping in mind the
age-specific needs of the population served).
- Serves as a resource referral for the patient.
- Maintains neat and safe work area.
- Demonstrates technical and task-oriented skills (e.g.
cannulation, machine set-ups and disinfections).
- Performs blood-drawing procedures, (e.g. monthly labs, kinetic
modeling, Hct, RBS and other special bloods).
- Administer normal saline solution via the extracorporeal
- Administer per initiation of hemodialysis procedure 2%
- Administer via the extracorporeal system and/or via the
cannulated access site the anticoagulant heparin in the dose
prescribed by the physician and monitored by the nursing
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate's Degree in Science preferred, or at least 4 years of
certified dialysis clinical tech experience, preferably in Henry
Ford Health System - Greenfield Health Systems.
- Stands and walks most of the time on duty.
- Lifts and pushes patients on stretchers and in
- Lifts and carries dialysate solution containers.
- May be subject to hazardous wastes and materials.
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Troy , Dialysis Clinical Tech, Troy, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!