AVP Collateral Evaluation
Company: Independent Bank Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Be Safe, Be Healthy, Be Independent!
Are you experienced in Commercial Real Estate or Commercial Real
Estate Appraisal and looking to progress in your career? If so, we
At Independent Bank, we know that you want to be independent,
with career growth and stability from an employer you can trust.
Investing in your career can feel overwhelming when there are so
many choices, and we understand your time is valuable. We are
committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our
clients, shareholders, and the communities we serve, and will
empower you to Be Independent.
About the Job:
Position will report to the Collateral Evaluation and Control
Department Manager. Primary duties will be to complete real estate
evaluations and environmental due diligence. Familiarization with
general appraisal methodology, regulatory compliance, policies, and
industry standards is required. Position will consult with loan
officers and loan operations staff in various stages of the
independent appraisal process and on environmental issues.
Incumbent must have experience working with commercial and
residential appraisals and various valuation products.
Why You Should Apply:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Accommodating and flexible paid time off.
- A knowledgeable, goal-driven, and exciting team of
- Exposure to different areas of banking and the ability to work
with leaders within the industry.
- Community-focused events and volunteer opportunities.
What You Will Do:
- Prepares real estate evaluations in compliance with FIRREA
- Periodically review residential and/or commercial appraisals
prepared by outside vendors.
- Reviews environmental assessments to identify and quantify the
bank's risks and will work directly with 3rd party
vendors/consultants to resolve identified environmental
- Requires limited supervision based on knowledge and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of working experience
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and valuation
resources such as CoStar, BS&A Government Software, and
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) required.
- Three to five years prior commercial real estate or commercial
real estate appraisal experience.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge in evaluating real
estate transactions as well as environmental concerns associated
with various real estate transactions.
- Strong ability to interact with third party vendors such as
appraisers and external environmental consultants.
- Advanced level of knowledge of commercial real estate.
- Basic proficiency in computer skills to be able to utilize
internal bank systems/applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group
- Adhere to all applicable regulatory compliance and personnel
policies in the fulfillment of the specific duties of the position,
including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Confidentiality, Information
Security, and Ethical Standards. Completes all online compliance
and regulatory courses.
Be Bold. Be YOU. Be Independent!
Keywords: Independent Bank Corporation, Troy , AVP Collateral Evaluation, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!