High Voltage Systems Engineer, Electrification Engineering
Company: Magna International Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Number: 17744
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: EC Troy
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is
smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That's what we're passionate
about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class
powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global
automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development,
testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name
stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety.
Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and
create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Mission of the Position:
We are looking for talented team members to be a part of a
dynamic team looking to push boundaries, innovate, and are
passionate about being a part of the transformation from
traditional powertrains to electrification.
The Systems Engineer electrification leads a concept development
team during the definition of a product concept and establishes the
system architecture based on system requirements from the customer.
The engineer supports the advanced and serial development during
application engineering of products, for electrified powertrains.
Experience and detailed knowledge of 400-800V eDrive technology is
As an intermediate level engineer, the engineer will work
independently with limited supervision to evaluate, select, and
apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
using knowledge and judgement to make adaptations and
As a senior level engineer, the engineer will independently
perform a wide variety of complex/advanced engineering work to
include planning, designing and carrying out work assignments,
often serving as a technical authority of the department with
little to no supervision. The engineer will mentor and guide less
experienced team members.
- Responsible for High voltage system safety
- Responsible for the definition of the system level strategy for
electrification Systems and alignment with Magna's building block
- Responsible for carrying out simulations of eDrive Systems and
making proposals for system architecture
- Support the design and building of demonstration and proof of
- Analyze customer requirements and create gap analysis, for
various Magna Electric Drive Unit scenarios
- Analyze competitor solutions and create internal reports, share
globally within Magna eDS (electrification Driveline Systems)
- Working from internal broad specifications, customer
requirements and/or hardware component technologies to provide
robust solutions which can be implemented in mechanical, electrical
hardware, and software strategies.
- Support eDrive projects from initial quote through to system
concept development and serial production, when required
- Responsible for the development, documentation, and maintenance
of the functional system specifications.
- Cooperate with the global electrification team to find robust
system solutions and ensure clear and concise concepts.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working
relationship with internal and external customers.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the
requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities,
Customers and Business Interfaces:
- Electrification Driveline Systems (eDS) Group Engineering
- Product Engineering
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Electrical Hardware Engineering
- CAD Engineering
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering required; Mechanical,
Electrical, Manufacturing, etc.
- High level of analytical ability and understanding of
engineering theory and principles of design.
- Experience in gears, shafts, and bearings required.
- Understanding of automotive manufacturing processes
- Competent in the use of MATLAB and Simulink for design and
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in high-voltage
automotive electrification system level design and validation
- Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical driveline
10% travel required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed
to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise,
airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created
by manufacturing processes.
Keywords: Magna International Inc., Troy , High Voltage Systems Engineer, Electrification Engineering, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!