Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The primary role of the Medical Scribe is to assist the
physician with documenting the medical chart of each patient seen
in the practice. Physician shall introduce the Medical Scribe to
the patient as being present to document the physician's dictation
of the care provided.
- Accompanies physician into patient exam room to transcribe
history, physical exam and procedures as stated by the physician
during interview and exam of patient.
- Signs and dates all entries in the medical record appropriately
to identify role as Medical Scribe.
- Tracks status and results of lab, x-ray or other evaluations
completed on patient.
- Communicates with physicians and mid-level providers within the
practice in a timely and efficient manner while exhibiting the
Beaumont Health Standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of physical, intellectual,
psycho-social, developmental tasks, major fears and stressors
significant for each age group served while providing a safe
environment of care and recognizing safety risk considerations for
each age group served.
- Ability to demonstrate the Beaumont Health Standards in all
aspects of job performance
- Demonstrates courteous behavior, gives clear directions,
maintains standards in regard to personal appearance, introduces
themselves properly to the patient, and treats all patients with
dignity and respect.
- Perform front office duties to provide coverage as needed
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills and supports
the model of patient and family centered care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education/Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Work Experience: Experience working in health care setting
preferred. Comprehensive Medical Terminology experience.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: None.
- Other Qualifications: Must be able to communicate effectively
with physicians, nurses, medical assistants, patients, and practice
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Troy , Medical Scribe, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!