Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for selecting, measuring, and fitting eyewear
following the doctors' spectacle prescription specifications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customize the patient's spectacle prescription using the
E.A.R.N. for Eyewear Consultants process methodology and
trouble-shooting any previous eyewear issues
- Responsible for communicating the preferred lens family of
products and the benefits of each
- Responsible for knowledge of each frame line and the material
it is made of to properly pre-adjust the frame prior to
- Responsible for conducting and recording various measurements
that are required to fabricate the lenses
- Responsible for properly inputting and processing eyewear
orders into the software program for the optical laboratory
- Responsible for follow-up with the eyewear orders through
completion and delivery
- Responsible for ensuring visual displays and eyewear products
are clean in accordance with the store specific plan-o-gram
- Responsible for interpreting, explaining, and properly applying
vision insurance coverage
- Assist with dispensing, adjusting, and trouble-shooting
- Assist with front desk duties such as checking patients in and
out, scheduling appointments, and retrieving insurance
- Responsible for neutralizing and verifying the spectacle
prescription in the eyewear through the use of auto and manual
lensometry, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Previous computer experience and basic math skills
- Previous customer service, retail, or hospitality experience
- Previous dispensing/optical experience preferred.
- Must be able to walk, bend and stand for extended periods of
- Completion of all required training courses as directed by
Henry Ford Optimeyes.
- Works in retail optical environment.
- Requires evening and weekend hours.
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Troy , Optician, Troy, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!