Electrical Hardware Engineer (Engineer II)
Company: Magna International Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Number: 17513
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: EC Troy
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is
smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That's what we're passionate
about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class
powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global
automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development,
testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name
stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety.
Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and
create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Mission of the Position
The Electrical Hardware Engineering is responsible for the
design and release of electronic control modules, electric motors,
solenoids, sensors, connectors and wiring harnesses. The Engineer
will apply engineering principles and analytical techniques to the
design and development of product concepts, prototypes and
component assemblies. They will provide support in design and
process development across worldwide suppliers and manufacturing
sites such as Mexico, Europe and Asia. The Engineer will work with
external suppliers to ensure projects are properly designed and
developed to meet product reliability and on time execution as
defined by Magna.
As an Intermediate level engineer, the engineer will work
independently with limited supervision to evaluate, select, and
apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
using knowledge and judgement to make adaptations and
- Responsible for delivering and overseeing the full component
design and integration for both electrical and mechanical
components in product development projects
- Specification of electrical components for safety critical
- Performing and documenting of design studies and safety
- Verification and analysis of electrical hardware
- Application and improvement of development processes and
- Planning and monitoring of development activities (internal and
external to the company)
- Technical interface to customers and suppliers.
Customer and Business Interfaces
- Software Engineering Team
- Systems Engineering Team
- Concept Engineering Team
- Project Management Team
- Senior Management Engineering team
- Electrical Hardware Suppliers
- OEM Engineering team
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Required (Electrical,
Mechanical, or Engineering Technology, or similar)
- Working knowledge of Powertrain components, assemblies and
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and controls in the
following areas: PCB manufacturing, passive and discrete component
manufacturing, wave soldering, selective soldering and surface
mount technology, problem solving methods, and design of
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, parts
drawings and specifications.
- Strong organizational/communication skills to effectively work
- High level of analytical ability, understand of engineering
theory and principles of design
- DFSS Green Belt certified preferred.
- A second language is preferable (Spanish, German or
- 3-5 years related work experience required with
electro-mechanical components such as actuators, sensors, ECU, or
- Experience with Functional Safety (ISO 26262, ASIL, etc.) and
Cyber Security preferred
- Experience with designing, testing, and/or manufacturing of
electrical hardware required
- Experience in the automotive industry strongly preferred.
15% travel required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed
to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise,
airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created
by manufacturing processes.
Keywords: Magna International Inc., Troy , Electrical Hardware Engineer (Engineer II), Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!