Mechanical Engineer - Power Electronics
Company: Control Tec
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Signal & Power Solutions segment,
Vehicle Electrification Systems business unit.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer-Power
Electronics that will be located in either Troy, MI or at our new
facility in Carmel, IN.
This position is a critical mechanical engineering role within
our recently formed Vehicle Electrification Systems group focused
on delivering technical breakthroughs, industry leading products,
and commercial success through our power electronics
As one of the first mechanical engineers on the team, you will
play a key role in the design of our first product. Your design
will ensure that our products have a unique selling proposition
that lives up to the strategy and stand the test of time. You will
be at the heart of every design decision and advance not just your
skills, but the power electronics field.
- Own start to finish development of the mechanical components -
from specification to design, prototype, reliability validation and
- Collaborate with electrical, PCB layout, and firmware
engineering teams to successfully to design, validate and
manufacture products that meet the necessary requirements.
- Own the design and 3D modeling of mechanical components and
assemblies including plastics, sheet metal, heat sinks, insulation
systems, high voltage connectors, fasteners, and other
- Perform the mechanical design analysis including thermal, CFD,
structural, design for assembly, and design for test.
- Solve electronics packaging issues including electrical
isolation, sealing, thermal management, interconnection, shock and
vibration management, electromagnetic interference (EMI), RF
- Develop engineering and manufacturing test plans for
- Create drawing packages and manufacturing instructions for
parts and assemblies.
- Assist in engineering prototype builds and component
- Collaborate with suppliers and manufacturing engineering on
manufacturing process design that ensures repeatability and
- Collaborate with other mechanical, systems, electrical, digital
control, manufacturing, industrial design, and test engineers to
take designs from a clean sheet through prototypes and into mass
- Support the program's Chief Engineer with internal and customer
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or STEM.
- 5+ years' of Tier 1 automotive supplier or OEM experience in
power electronics product development from ideation to high volume
production, plus relevant software, and semiconductor
- 3+ years of experience using GD&T to control part
features,CATIA V5 and/or V6.
- Experience with PLM systems, engineering changes, deviations,
BOM structuring, etc.
- Experience with environmental, reliability, safety, and
industry standard requirements for automotive, industrial &
- Experience with high volume manufacturing processes such as
injection molding, stamping, diecast, etc.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills to work
effectively with the rest of the team, customers and other internal
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- MS or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and/or relevant
- Deep understanding of power electronics vehicle integration,
testing, software development, and functional safety developed
- Basic understanding of electrical design fundamentals.
- Knowledge of design for reliability and design for
- Working knowledge of Matlab and/or Python.
- Familiarity with PCBAs and PCBA components.
- Familiarity with high voltage design mechanical design.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Vehicle Electrification Systems:
VES, or vehicle electrification systems combines Aptiv's high
voltage wiring, charging, connection systems and power electronics
capabilities under one tight nit, but expanding team. We are
focused on providing OEMs with complete solutions that solve their
most complex integration challenges as they develop their next
generation of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and
creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv's success.
Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation,
pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique
abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings.
When you join our team, you'll get encouraged to think boldly,
express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don't just see the world differently; we work to
change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the
rules of what's possible in the pursuit of making transportation
safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than
180,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one
mission. Join the movement and together, let's change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Control Tec, Troy , Mechanical Engineer - Power Electronics, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!