Specialty Pharmacy Technician
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under moderate direction and supervision, operate in designated
areas or job functions within the site location. Functions
relatively independently and has some decision-making
responsibility. May interact with other departments and/or
businesses outside of the pharmacy department. Enhanced
knowledge/training of area assigned above and beyond a pharmacy
technician. Participates in training of employees in the area of
- Operates in a designated area of specialty or assigned
responsibilities above and beyond technician duties.
- Assumes ownership and ensures quality and completeness of work
- Responsible for data collection and/or reporting related to
- Serves as a role model and leader in the department.
- Escalates any concerns that are identified in their area of
work through chain of command.
- Required to adhere to regulatory guidelines to maintain
compliance (including USP <795>, <797> <800> in
sites that perform sterile compounding).
- Participates in training others in area of specialty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- See attached addendums (if applicable) for additional
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented
environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal
precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and
behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Pharmacy Technician License required by the State of
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Troy , Specialty Pharmacy Technician, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!