Sr. Design Release Engineer
Company: LG Energy Solution Michigan, Inc.
Posted on: May 6, 2021
SummaryMechanical Design Engineers develop and execute
pack/module/thermal design/development for Lithium-ion battery
systems and pack/module/thermal components by properly
understanding customer requirements. In addition, Mechanical Design
Engineers work with BMS development in part, systems engineering
and current production team members within LGESMI.Essential
- Ensure homogenous design and development for battery modules /
packs in close collaborations with cell team and parts
- Lead the preparation of 8Ds and other quality / reliability
reports to ensure continuous improvements
- Lead Technical Design Reviews for assigned projects within
LGESMI, affiliated companies and customers
- Develop detailed pack/module design based on the RFQ
- Ensure design compliance with internal/customer requirement
(cost, mass, and performance)
- Lead the development of the pack/module DFMEA
- Co-lead the prototype/production issue resolution process with
- Lead the project specific change management process.
- Develop the datum and locating scheme for pack/module
- Conduct 1D stack-ups and assign tolerances
- Define critical/significant characteristics for pack/module
- Mentor less experienced DREs.
- Support the PPAP process.
- Manage lessons learned for all mechanical issues to prevent
reoccurrence and drive continuous improvement
- Identify opportunities for commonization of components and
- Minimum 6 years of experience in automotive product
development, 2 years in BEV/HEV/PHEV industry
- Hands-on experience with CAD tools (Unigraphics or CATIA) and
part release process
- Understand the PPAP process
- Working experience with automotive systems design, packaging
and assembly requirements
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines
(FMEA, 8D & APQP) and development process (PLM or PDM)
- Experience with battery systems, high-voltage (DC) systems or
high-current systems is desirable
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
and ability to discuss technical issues with wide range of
- Present to various levels of management with different depth of
- Articulate specifics on product details
- Describe development proposals and problem descriptions
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project,
- Required: Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical, Electrical or
Industrial Engineering from a four-year college or university.
- Preferred: Master's Degree (M.S.) in Mechanical, Electrical,
Systems or Industrial Engineering.
Keywords: LG Energy Solution Michigan, Inc., Troy , Sr. Design Release Engineer, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!