Restraint System Integration and Testing Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a
Restraint System Integration and Testing Engineer. Our ideal
candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work
with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a
- Be responsible for the Restraint Sub-system integration and
their testing in the vehicle for new development as well as model
- Raise integration development plans forecast and keep it
- Manage Testing from forecast to test report.
- Manage test material from forecast to tear down.
- Work together with the Restraints and Interiors DRE to learn
the design and behavior of their individual parts and drive the
common development for the sub-system.
- Raise or collect tests reports.
- For sub-system tests under Lucid responsibility, perform 1st
level analysis, feed Restraints test database with test data,
reports and fill in the 1st level analysis standard form.
- Manage root cause analysis with the owners of the components
involved in the issue.
- This role is primarily located in Michigan, working out of our
partner/supplier's testing facilities. It also requires domestic
and international travel up to 25%.
- Note: Sub-system means the airbag together with the host
component, like PAB and KAB in IP, SAB in seat, CAB in roof rail,
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or other
- Some knowledge about the design and engineering of airbags
and/or interiors parts, direct experience in automotive OEM or Tier
- Engineering fundamentals in problem-solving.
- The ability to articulate highly technical issues to audiences
not in the crash safety field, such as top management, design
studio, purchasing team, etc.
- Strong work ethic and good communication skills.
- Physical capacity to manipulate interiors parts in and out of
test bucks or tests fixtures. Ability to lift 75lbs.
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Troy , Restraint System Integration and Testing Engineer, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!