Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: MAHLE, Inc
Posted on: November 18, 2021
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER SUMMARY The Supplier Quality Engineer
works in a team environment with suppliers to develop and implement
best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in
variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in
meeting all customer requirements. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including program
management, product design, purchasing and logistics; and
participate in design review, risk assessment, and technical review
meetings with suppliers.
- Support purchasing and launch team in the sourcing process and
contribute to improve quality, delivery, and cost.
- Lead and support Suppliers APQP and PPAP activities for
purchased components within the development projects to ensure
on-time and flawless launch.
- Conduct on-site assessment and process audit (VDA 6.3) to
verify the effectiveness of process and product control methods,
Run@Rate and production readiness.
- Lead problem solving and root cause analysis activities with
suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of
- Injection Molding experience in a manufacturing
- Strong working knowledge of APQP/PPAP, Process Control Plan,
SPC, GD&T, Corrective Actions Processes; ability to interpret
and comprehend complex drawings, PFMEA, GR&R, working knowledge
of TS16949 and ISO 9001:2000 methodologies
- Hands on mentality with a proactive approach to identify and
avoid problems in an early stage.
- Experience in root cause analysis and problem solving
- Solid organizational and project management skills and
demonstrated effectiveness to lead and collaborate with
- Strong drive to complete assignments within program timing in
order to ensure a flawless serial production launch.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and data
base systems. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Industrial /
- At least 3 years previous experience in supplier quality or
quality engineering (automotive preferred)
- VDA 6.3 - Certified Process Auditors are preferred. Do you have
any questions? TINA.WAGNER@MAHLE.COM
Keywords: MAHLE, Inc, Troy , Supplier Quality Engineer, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!