Data Architect 1
Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Data Architect 1
Responsible for defining the data architecture specifications,
standards, tools, models and processes to meet the current and
future data requirements of the bank. This position is also
responsible for collaborating with other solution architects, data
modelers, business intelligence and other senior developers to
optimize database performance, data access, query and streamline,
integration of data and analysis strategies. Evaluates various
tools, data resources, new technologies and features. Serves as an
expert in design and development of data related initiatives.
- Define the end to end data management architecture and how each
component of the data integrates within the larger whole.
- Define the data architectural framework, base solution set and
standards that will be followed by various initiatives. Define data
flows, integration patterns and dependencies.
- Own and design the overall data model for Flagstar that will be
used by analytics, master data management and reference data.
Profiling and analysis of data to identify volume, variety and
distribution. Define and maintain data dictionary and meta data
- Conduct cost benefit studies to identify appropriate
architecture and technologies and to understand the trade-offs
between the between new features and functions vs. costs of the
- Work closely with the technology partners in infrastructure,
operations and data governance. Provide guidance to development
teams on resolving problems and proposing new solutions.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local
laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training.
Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance
policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date
with changing regulations and policies. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related
field with 8 years of experience in data management architecture
preferred or a Master's Degree with 4+ years of related experience
- 8 years of experience in data management Architecture or 4+
years with Masters degree.
- 12 years of comparable work experience.
- 5 years of experience managing significant data architecture
- 5 years of experience building and validating data models and
business intelligence architecture.
- Expert knowledge data management, development technologies and
- Expert understanding of relational databases and high
proficiency in data retrieval methods (SQL, PL/SQL).
- Strong experience with web services, executing calls and
interpreting responses (Soap or Rest).
- Strong ability to plan resource usage, scalability and
- Strong ability to design and deliver enterprise data warehouse
and business intelligence platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Data Architecture Management Association
(DAMA) best practices.
- Strong knowledge of data integration tools, capabilities and
strong understanding of model driven development.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all
levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate
- Expert ability in interpreting customer business needs and
translating them into application and operational
- Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and
confidence in both the business and IT communities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong analytic skills
with proven strength in applying root cause analysis.
- Excellent understanding of business and processes.
- Able to think through workflows and the characteristics that
makes each workflow different.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Demonstrated strength in delivering presentations of complex
information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong knowledge of data governance standards.
- Proven track record of achieving results in challenging
- Demonstrated success with implementation of continuous process
and service quality improvements.
- Abreast of new industry trends.
For Internal use only: Job Band D
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Troy , Data Architect 1, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...