Sr Application Architect - IT
Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Senior Application Architect responsibilities include
leading and mentoring application architects and engineers. Leads
the application design and architecture of applications,
application enhancements and new capabilities. They will ensure the
application design and architecture is in alignment with the bank's
solution architecture. This position will provide technical
leadership to the application development teams across all stages
of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). They will also
conduct evaluation of new technologies and solutions though proof
of concept (POC) designs. They will collaborate with stakeholders
to determine and validate business requirements for applications.
Serves as an expert in all aspects of designing and application
- Provides technical leadership for the application development
team including supervision of the design, build and testing stages
of the application development. Ensure development and application
design supports the enterprise technology strategy and architecture
standards. Works with architects to ensure quality
- Define and develop the design of the application architecture,
including application components, user interface, services and
APIs, based on the high-level solution provided by the enterprise
and solution architecture. Test new technologies and methods with
Proof of Concepts (POC).
- Collaborate with stakeholder to determine business-specific
requirements and ensure the application architecture is in
alignment. Communicates implications of architectural decisions,
technology costs/benefits, and implementation requirements to
business and IT leadership.
- Mentor and provide technical training to junior application
developers and other team members. -
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local
laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training.
Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance
policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date
with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- ITIL Foundation required. TOGAF preferred
- 15 years of hands-on application development experience, with a
broad knowledge of development platforms, languages and
- 7 years of experience participating on large, complex project
- 5 years of experience leading a team of architects or technical
- 5 years of experience as an application architect.
- 3 years of experience with AWS architecture and
- 3 years of experience maintaining software.
- Strong software design and development skills
- Strong knowledge in Cloud Computing (Iaas, Paas, SaaS)
- Strong knowledge in applying cloud native and integration
patterns during the design
- Strong knowledge in API management and API development
- Highly proficient in Java/J2EE based application development
- Highly proficient in Java/J2EE coding standards, Static and
dynamic code analysis and security checking of the application code
- Good knowledge in using Application Performance Monitoring
(APM) tools like Dynatrace, Xray etc.,
- Good Database and SQL development skills
- Certification in MuleSoft is preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent planning and designing skills.
- Proven ability to lead groups of talented, often opinionated,
- Strong interpersonal skills that result in strong partnerships
and the ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Security best practices and
integration with application authorization and access.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of the
organization's business goals.
- Ability to convey complex ideas and concepts to all levels.
For Internal use only: Job Band C
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Troy , Sr Application Architect - IT, Other , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...