Information Technology Technician
Company: FLEX-N-GATE CORPORATION
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components
for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top
North American Suppliers in Automotive News. A growing and vital
company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working
and skilled individuals. Scope of the Position The Information
Technology Technician s role is to ensure proper computer
operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks.
This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively
resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve
the use of approved diagnostics and help tools, as well as require
that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and suggest ways to prevent
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone,
email and text in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user problem or issue.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate
- Record, track, and document - help desk request,
problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful
decisions made, and brief IT Support Supervisor on final
- Use only approved diagnostic utilities to aid in
- Access approved software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and
frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and
supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including
installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and
configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and
report all finding and final resolutions.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up, with users and
- Available for support calls 24/7
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding,
specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental
Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4 year work experience in related field required.
- Recommended certificates in information systems
- Recommended completion of a one-year college level
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows XP,
7 and 8
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to
present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Be prompt, directed, reliable, self-motivated and highly
- Keen attention to detail and able to effectively prioritize and
execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on
rapport-building, listening, and questioning. Benefits Medical,
dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a
flexible spending account 401(k) retirement savings plan with
company match Extensive safety training, new hire orientation,
continuous learning and development programs and tuition
reimbursement Paid holidays and vacation time What do our employees
have to say? It engages you professionally, and provides learning
opportunities. Lots of growth opportunity. The company s young
enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable. Not just a job
a great place to work! Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity
employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Associated
topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance,
satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, technician
Keywords: FLEX-N-GATE CORPORATION, Troy , Information Technology Technician, Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!