Company: Flagstar Bank
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Financial Analyst is responsible for financial reporting and
analysis, report development, and communicating with business line
leadership regarding financial performance and forecasting. This
includes financial reporting for actual results, forecast, budget
and performance analysis for a specific line of business. This
position works closely with senior business leaders and others in
the business units and within finance to contribute to the long
term growth, development and profitability of the broader
- Developing and maintaining regularly scheduled reports for the
business units.-- Ensuring information is accurate and distributed
on time.-- This includes creating reports with and using various
software tools such as Hyperion, MS Excel, and MS Access.
- Assisting with production forecasts and assumptions to keep
management updated on current trends each week.-- In addition,
coordination of bottoms up forecasting from leadership on a monthly
- Analysis of current production volume & margins,
concentrations, and comparing to desired thresholds or market
data.-- This is important since management relies on analysis to
spot opportunities and threats.-- Comparison to peers and industry
is powerful information which drives better discussions for the
- Supporting divisional CFO team with ad hoc requests for the
business.-- Complete on time and addressing any questions or
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local
laws and regulations.-- Completes all required compliance
training.-- Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar---s
internal compliance policies and procedures.-- Takes responsibility
to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies. Job
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics,
Statistics, or Business Administration preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience preferred.-- Prior mortgage or
banking experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word required. Knowledge
of MS Access a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of report automation techniques such as
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle BI Dashboards and BI
- Strong communication skills --- both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively in a changing work
- Team player in a dynamic work environment. For Internal use
only: Job Band G
Keywords: Flagstar Bank, Troy , Financial Analyst, Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!