Construction Underground (Bore) Laborer
Company: Clear Rate Communications
Posted on: August 2, 2022
The construction laborer performs a wide variety of manual duties
in support of telecommunications construction. This role performs
tasks involving physical labor at road/highway sites using heavy
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean and prepare
sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of
excavations, clean up rubble and debris, and waste materials.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or connect earth
to grade specifications, using shovels and other equipment.
- Load and unload materials, machinery, and tools; distribute to
appropriate locations, according to project plans.
- Perform a variety of task involving strenuous manual labor in
road/highway environments to prepare worksite for
- Locate underground utilities and eliminate potential hazards
for cabling work to be completed.
- Use a variety of hand tools and machinery including shovels,
picks, and various power tools to complete assignments.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and
secure job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in or around work zones.
- Perform material handling and storage.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are
- Other duties required as well.REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- 1+ years of roadside construction experience is preferred
- Competence with hand and power tools required.
- Must have valid driver s license (CDL is preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments accurately and
in a timely manner.
- Able to effectively handle priorities with a strong attention
to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written
- Must be able to work alone, and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
check.PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing sitting within the work area.
- Must be able to carry a ladder and lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to pull ropes and work under a lineman safely as a
frond hand and be observant of his and your surroundings.
- Must be able to work alone with a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, management,
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions (hot, cold,
wet and dry)WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those of a standard outdoor
environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in loud, noise-filled environment out in
- The position requires working independently, as well as part of
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with
Keywords: Clear Rate Communications, Troy , Construction Underground (Bore) Laborer, Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!