Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Under general supervision and according to established policies and
procedures, is responsible for the refrigeration, air conditioning,
air handling, and heat transfer equipment at the hospital and
off-site buildings. May assist the other departments with their
duties as directed.
Installs and repairs commercial, refrigeration and HVAC, and
mechanical systems according to blueprints and/or engineering
specifications. Diagnoses problems, repairs defects, and performs
preventive maintenance on commercial, refrigeration and HVAC, and
mechanical systems Service and maintain air conditioning,
refrigeration, and mechanical systems including:
* Disassemble units for repair.
* Perform of chillers maintenance.
* Service pumps, strainers and filters.
* Test and rebuild vacuum pumps, damper motors, water and
* Work with other components in air condition, refrigeration and
ventilation distribution, and mechanical systems.
* Using manufacturer's specifications, establishes system
performance operating parameters and tests equipment to assure
system performance parameters are being met.
* Read, interpret and generate sequence of operation for HVAC
equipment and systems.
* Read and utilize DDC programming code.
* Perform test and balance work.
* Repairs malfunctioning equipment, replaces defective parts as
necessary and completes preventive maintenance.
* Maintains records of service and repair reports to provide
history of maintenance activities.
* Installs, removes, stores and records specific location of all
heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment in the
* Service and maintain thermostats, VAV boxes, TECs, lab
ventilation equipment and fan coil units.
* High school diploma program or GED and completion of a vocational
* A minimum of three years' experience with HVAC equipment
* General knowledge of welding, soldering, braising, basic
electronics, plumbing and mechanics.
* Knowledge of refrigeration principles and the ability to read
blueprints and schematic drawings.
* Preferred a Universal Refrigerant Transition and Recovery
* A Michigan Mechanical Contractors License is preferred.
* Analytical ability to determine the cause of a problem and
readily solve it.
* Ability to interpret blueprints, schematics and flow
* Ability to perform on-line troubleshooting, operate maintenance
management system software and basic Microsoft Office programs
* Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Troy , HVAC Mechanic, Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!