Field Service Technician - Detroit, MI
Posted on: January 16, 2023
About the Role - You will:
- Maintain excellent communication with customers and property
staff; hands-on training of customer operators and
- Handles launch of new buses and charging systems.
- Repairs, maintains, troubleshoots and service electric buses
and charges using skills and tools that range from advanced
computer diagnostics to basic mechanical tools; communicate and
document solutions to non-technical parties.
- Maintain detailed and timely paperwork and documentation for
repairs and installations; manage field inventory of parts and
- Monitors subcontractors work to ensure quality and timeliness
- Provides development input and continuous improvements to the
team's field service software and tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Customer Service team strives to
ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do
great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest level service and support to
our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our
clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect------and always try to have a
little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Greenville based Customer
Service team that supports Proterra's Manufacturing and Engineering
- You will report to the Southwest Regional Service Managerand
collaborate with other Customer Service team members located at our
headquarters in Burlingame, CA and manufacturing facilities in Los
Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and
techniques to influence at all levels of the organization; works
independently with limited supervision.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and
credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving and analytical
- Excellent English communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- 2+ years' experience of directly related work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of bus, automotive and/or other vehicle
- Hands-on experience in either electrical, mechanical or other
related filed service experience.
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting, mechanical
troubleshooting, hands-on training and mentoring.
- Experience with interacting and communicating with
- Good driving record demonstrating ability to safely operate
- Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain
- Intermediate level computer proficiency (including Microsoft
- Physical Demands:
- May work various shifts as needed; may be requested to travel
to different locations.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Able to walk, stand, crouch, bench, kneel, lift, carry and
reach as needed in large and tight spaces.
- Good eye/hand coordination and ability to identify color
variations, depth perceptions and close or distance visual
- Manual dexterity with occasional repetitive finger
- Environmental Demands:
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment with extreme heat
and cold conditions.
- Wear protective clothing or respiratory protective
- Works with irritant chemicals, gases, etc.
You might also have:
- Associate's Degree or higher in an applicable technical
- ASE or other certification.
Location:based inDetroit, MI (initial job training will be done in
Greenville, SC and at other
Travel:20% - 80% travel local and out of state.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Proterra, Troy , Field Service Technician - Detroit, MI, Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!